Any developers found chart-freeze with eSig 10 and multiple copies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any developers found chart-freeze with eSig 10 and multiple copies

Sorry, a bit OT, but need a sanity check here...
    I, and others here, run multiple copies of eSignal (same username) on the same PC, yes we are warned about performance issues (KB: "Running Multiple Instances of eSignal"), but it works if you have enough resource and we have definate needs for some EFS reasons as well as for handling multiple "chart sets".

Twice in the last two days my charts have stopped updating, no red lights on the DM Systray Icon and two "OK"s in both eSignal copies. Problem goes away if you restart eSignal/DM.

I can't get support because I'm running two copies.
    I'm using eSig 10 now, does anyone else get this problem? Or have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Dave Turnbull

failed to create empty document

With eSignal 10.1.1291, I was able to load multiple instances of eSignal.

When I try to open a 2nd instance with 10.6, I am getting "failed to create empty document" errors and everything hangs up on the 2nd instance. The functionality of the orig instance is then also vastly reduced (submenus not accessible, cannot right click on charts, for example). Once the 2nd instance is closed, the orig app starts working again.

Any way around this?

Regards,
    Ryan.

Comment

any way to open a blank pg in a 2nd instance

Using winsig.exe /n from the run line works, it opens a blank instance of eSignal. However, doing so renders the the original instance of esignal crippled -- each time you right click an advance chart, the submenus are reduced in terms of the # of avail options, until eventually right clicking an advanced chart does not produce a submenu at all.

Using 10.6.1832.

Anyway to fix this?

Regards,
      Ryan.

Comment

could be this

Comment

Hi Dave, appreciate the reply but...

Unfortunately the link you provided does not lend any insight as to the cause of the problem or the nature of the work-around.

I would be most grateful for any help you would be willing to impart my way...

Regards,
          Ryan.

Comment

Ryan,

eSignal 10.6 is not written to be launched multiple times.

The next version of eSignal to be previewed soon will allow this behavior, and will also include a tabbed interface to run multiple pages across the bottom of your application.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Cool... any ETA? Regards, Ryan.

Comment

Working...
              X