Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot Insert Study in R14 for a newly added EFS in Formula directory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Insert Study in R14 for a newly added EFS in Formula directory.

This happened often on R14 where a study that was added to a directory is not showing up in the Insert Object list of EFS's.

The only way I have been able to insert the newly added EFS is to to restart eSignal. Opening a new chart, or toggling between directories does not result in the study that is present in the directory appearing for insertion into chart.

The following screen (second) shotsshow the Windows File Explored with the study I am trying to insert OneYearCumAdvDecMA1.efs which is listed in the Formulas/eSignal BT Library.

The but in the first screen shot of the Insert Object shows OneYearCumAdvDecMA.efs and not the study I just created with the "1" suffixed.

If anyone has found a workaround please let me know as at this point I'm going to have to go back to R13 and R14 has some great features.

Thanks,

glen

Click image for larger version  Name:	EFSNotInList2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	268611

Click image for larger version  Name:	EFSNotInlist.JPG Views:	0 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	268612
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-23-2020, 12:23 PM.
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

A related problem after reinstalling R14 is not being able to load any study in a new chart.

Whether double clicking on the study name or clicking the study name and then clicking Apply a study could not be loaded.

Load Object screen just spins (see image below). As with the other problem of a study in the directory now showing up in the list, this also required a eSignal restart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SteudyLoad.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	268618
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

In addition to a study not appearing in a directory listing in Add Object to insert a study, a directory also does not appear in the list.

In the first screen shot I am trying to load a study from the Trading Systems folder under Formulas, and it is not appearing.

It is there after the Swami Charts and before the XLT directories in the windows file explorer but not available in the Add Object list of files.

eSignal has to be restarted for the directory to appear see second screen shot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Missing Directory.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	268621

Click image for larger version  Name:	Missing Dir.JPG Views:	0 Size:	8.0 KB ID:	268622
      Last edited by demarcog; 05-28-2020, 01:57 PM.
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X