Quick Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Fix

I've noticed something with the new 10.3 version that I know how to fix (speed up). Using tick charts or anything that updates data dynamically, you're not stopping the graphics engine (tcharts I believe) when you pull the data. This causes the entire application to pull a few bars, recalc the graphics engine, run the efs (I assume) and display the results - every time it grabs a few extra bars (like 10+).

The way to fix this is to make "non-visible" the components of the chart while you are pulling data from the servers. By making all processes and graphic components of the chart "non-visible", the data load process works MUCH FASTER and after the data load process is done, then make all the graphics/chart items VISIBLE again and this will REALLY SPEED UP the dynamic data load process in esignal..

How do I know?? I had the same problem with tcharts with my PFP application.

This would be a simple (somewhat) and GREAT improvement for all of us using TICK, SECOND, VOLUME and other dynamic charts.

Thanks in advance.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000
Working...
X