Way to identify bottlenecks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to identify bottlenecks

If this isn't the right area to post this I apologize.

I don’t think this exists but here goes. Is there a way to test a layout similar to the way the –Performance Monitor- can be used to test one chart with all it’s efs studies?

In Win XP my layout runs fine even though it slows down somewhat after a few hours (or less if there is heavy trading) but not enough to create serious problems and exiting eSignal and quickly opening it up again fixes the lag for a few hours. I use 60T, 144T, and 255T charts as well as minute charts and a daily chart. My charts all contain mainly efs studies I created.

When I tested this layout in Windows 7, after 30 minutes to an hour the software has very long pauses [the green circle comes up (equivalent to the hourglass in XP)]. It then updates for a second or so and then goes back to the hourglass pause state for another long wait. After it starts it just continues to loop this way. Rebuilding the charts, layout, etc from scratch doesn’t seem to help.

This doesn’t happen if I set up the layout and only use basic studies.

Of course I don’t know what programming constraints may be involved but I believe that such a tool would make eSignal much more robust and appealing to users.

Wayne
Working...
X