X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percent Change col does not work

FYI....
    v10...so maybe you dont care.
    system is not updating % moves column correctly, formany ASX stocks.
    eg; Stock A close yesterday 67cents, last price today .665cents. Pct Column showing +3.91%
    (it was up the day before but this number still does not correspond with anything)
    thanks.

Hello,

10.6 is still a fully supported version so we definitely still want suspected issues reported.

I tried a few ASX stocks and the % changes are accurate. Can you give the exact symbol in question or better yet, post a screenshot?

Thanks.

Comment

Also keep in mind that you can compute that % change off either the open or the previous price. Just right-click on the column header (pct in this case) and then select "compute change" and choose open or prev.

Thanks.

Comment

thanks Scott,
        i checked the column calcs ....no problems.
        The error is in the actual change....it seems to be missing yesterdays close and is using the prior days close beofre yesterday.
        Its for a lot of stocks as well.
        (the image was classed as too big to download...i will keep trying)

Comment

chart attached
          Attached Files

Comment

JMS is just the example I am looking at - its the same for many stocks.... but not all stocks ????
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry but I can't clearly read that screenshot. In the case of JMS-ASX, I have a last of .655 and a prev of .64 (resulting in a change of +.015 and % chg of +2.34%).

Change and % chg are both computed on the desktop as we don't "send" change down the feed. Just last, prev and open.

How do those figures compare to yours? If they are different, I'd try to exit and restart once. If still an issue, please use our LiveRep service to get direct assistance.

Thanks.

Comment

sorry the only way for the system to accept the screen shot was to make them small....

You are correct. JMS last is .655
                The previous close was at .67

The chart shows this, but the quotes, and your machine dont..... that was what was wierd and made me think the Percent change calc was wrong....when in fact its the previous close that is wrong

This is from the ASX, and two other confirmed sites that have live feeds in our office.

so its the Esignal data that is wrong for some stocks.

(I have tried closing, and restarting, but if its the Esignal data - this did not make a difference)
                Last edited by Adina; 02-15-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Go ahead and check a few symbols later today (your tomorrow) and if you spot some bad previous prices, go into LiveRep and report the symbol, current prev and the suspected correct prev. We can then research those specific symbols and see what may be going on.

Thanks.

Comment

Were you able to chat with a Support rep yesterday and verify if there's an issue or not?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott
                      no i did not check with anyone at Esignal, as I just did not have time yesterday.
                      I did go through a few instruments and check the data. It all looked good and normal.
                      That was the strange part. The chart data always looked good, it was just that the change column for that day was definitely out.
                      One thing that did pop into my head as an issue that might have caused it, is that sometimes I double click on the task bar at the bottom of the screen RATHER than single clicking on it when opening a program.....hence the computer opens two versions of the program...this happens and is obvious when opening something such as excel.
                      Point being - if this is what happened could it mean two versions of Esignal or the data manager opened and caused the issue, but I did not realise it? Just as an idea.
                      thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up. If somehow that one screen hadn't refreshed, you could have been showing old prev's and hence wrong changes. Not something I've seen before but the sort of thing we'd want to nip in the bud if there was a systemic issue.

Thanks again. Glad all is OK now.

Comment

Working...
                        X