Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eS 11.1 Freezes Periodically

Hello Everyone,

I have installed 11.1 and now eSignal periodically freezes during 5 sec. or so every 10 or 15' of use. I'm on Win XP, Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM. I haven't had that issue on 11.0.

Thanks for your suggestions if any.

Raf

Periodic Freezign of eS 11.1

Dear all,

does someone has a clue about why I'm having periodic freezing of eS 11 latest release on my XP platform? It freezes during 5 sec or so and every 10 minutes or so.

It's getting worse. Any suggestion, please.

Raf

Comment

Freezing

Mine is also freezing every 15 min or so (haven't timed interval). A big esignal negative is a lack of feedback/interaction from cognizant individuals regarding resolutions such as causes, planned time frame on fix, etc.

Comment

Thank you for the post and we apologize for the issues that you're experiencing with the eSignal 11.1. We'll contact you individually to troubleshoot the issues reported.

Comment

Freezing

Wow, I just received a call from an esignal elevated support rep to go over the issue - what a change over there! He recommended a potential solution (closing some of the default watch windows at the bottom left) and if that doesn't correct it then he will have the developer review the log files uploaded each time it recently crashed. Way to go guys!

Comment

Thanks for Supporting Me Too!

DCMGT,

thanks very much for your support. Although, I OFTEN get an answer from eS tech support, I haven't heard anything for this issue.

I'm not complaining though. Why would they need to bother just for one single dude while the rest seems "happy" with the release.

Good day,

Raphael

Comment

NEW RELEASE DIDN'T SOLVE THIS ISSUE.

Hello Support,

this time, I'm losing a bit my patience. Will tech support have a look at this or not? I, personally, received not a single answer from tech support. This problem is persistant, still with the new release. It's getting very annoying. Not ideal to trade, is it?

So, please, tech support, time to give me a call. Don't you think?

Thanks very much for your kindest support,

Raphaele

Comment

Crashes

Mine is still crashing after the tech support's attempt at addressing the issue, so the developer will have to look at my crash logs that are uploaded each time. I just sent an email and we'll see what happens.

Comment

Hello DCMGT,

understood. Please, keep me posted if you receive any news.

Good trading,

Raphaele

Comment

Hello DCMGT,

got an answer from eS support. An engineer told me to do a "fresh" install, which I didn't do the first time since I have upgraded from eS 11.0.2254.

Unfortunately, the trick didn't work for me. My anti-virus is not the culprit either (just in case)

Maybe you can confirm this.

By the way, do you run eS on a PC or on a Mac using VMware Fusion or Parallel?

Good trading,

Raphael

Comment

Crashes

I have a Windows 7 based system and did a fresh install of the latest esignal 11.1 version the other day and that's just the typical entry level thing thing thrown out which didn't fix the issue. The problem I experience seems to be an ongoing thing related to internal esignal resource utilization. When I have 4 graphs open running my program it will crash frequently... with only two windows open it has run for awhile w/o issue. I guess it depends what you are using esignal for, for general non-demanding retail use alot of people may not have any problems.
                      Last edited by DCMGT; 03-30-2011, 04:47 AM.

Comment

I don't have problems with crashes, but some of my scripts stop running at random times. Others, however, continue to run.

Closing windows didn't help me and that defeats one of the most important new features for me. I use multiple windows often so having to close them is not an attractive option.

I thought for a while that it was due to overload during heavy trading (which would be a problem). However, the problem recently happened during some of the lighest volume ever. So, that's not it.

Tech support has responded also to my problems and I've sent a log file(s) to them. I haven't heard anything back yet. I like the new version but have switched back to the old version since I use eSignal for active trading input.

Comment

When my script problem happens, it seems as though it is right after I open some other program (e.g., Windows Live Mail). Some scripts just stop, others do not. I'm running an i7 with 8Gb of memory so it shouldn't be a hardware issue. Must be some conflict with Windows.

Even Adobe is having problems -- with the new version of IE. When's the next maintenance release?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X