Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring a backup takes forever

Hi All,

I've been trying several times to restore a backup done with eSignal 11.5 with no luck. After up to 4 hours the backup hadn't been restored and the application - which was running in the background - had to be shut down.

You might think I'm a little impatient for waiting "only" 4 hours to restore the backup of 3 pages and a watchlist, but frankly I had no reference to go by. Does anyone know how long it should take for a backup to be restored?

Thanks

G.

I've restored a backup several times and it's never taken more than a minute or two.

I just now did it with 11.5. Under two minutes. Are you sure you selected the backup file
    after clicking Restore? After selecting the backup file a message to reboot pops up immediately.
    The Restore on rebooting took less than 30 seconds.

Originally posted by gekko71 View Post
    Hi All,

I've been trying several times to restore a backup done with eSignal 11.5 with no luck. After up to 4 hours the backup hadn't been restored and the application - which was running in the background - had to be shut down.

You might think I'm a little impatient for waiting "only" 4 hours to restore the backup of 3 pages and a watchlist, but frankly I had no reference to go by. Does anyone know how long it should take for a backup to be restored?

Thanks

G.
    Last edited by jay60; 12-23-2012, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Gekko71,

I have to agree with Jay60 the restore should be very quick I have not know it to take more the 2 to 3 minutes with the reboot. If you continue having problems I would suggestion maybe contacting Technical support or sending the backup file to me and I'll run it in our test environment to see if the file is corrupt.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
      X