Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tine Interval behavior in Renko charts

Hi,

Renko plots are not affected by time yet a 2 point renko chart is different for different intervals like in a 1 minute interval chart from a 3 minute chart.

How does the interval affect the price plot?

Wayne

The time interval on a Renko chart determines what time the chart looks like. For example, a Renko chart will draw a brick only if the prices move by a minimum amount in the interval period specified. Hope that helps...
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

The Renko forms new bars based on an imaginary other chart. Meaning if it is using 1 min time setting and a 2 point interval, it basically looks at a 1 min chart. If that chart would form a new bar which is beyond the 2 points, then the Renko will form a new bar. If the 1 min chart did not form a new bar, even if the stock traded beyond the 2 points , just didn't c;ose there at the end of the minute, then the Renko will not form a new bar. This is why I like to set the Renko to 10 sec or so. Maybe the 1 min is a more accurate showing of the movement of the security. It's your call. I hope this was helpful.

Comment

Thank you both. I understand how it works now.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
        X