Latency !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latency !!

For some reason, my Esignal is lagging by about 2 minutes behind the market !! Unacceptable of course.
    It started at around 14h45.

I've also been having many probems lately with incomplete bars on several time frames.
    I have ruled out any connection problems, and for for your information I have heard of others suffering from the incomplete bar issue.

What gives ?

I'll need some more information in order to look into this. Do you have an example of the incomplete bar problem happening? As far as Latency goes, we are currently not getting any alarms server side so I'm not sure where that is coming from. I'll double check a few things here to make sure it's not happening on our end.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Eric - spoke with a friend who was having the same latency issue.
      But it all reset 10 minutes ago (charts jumped) and the system is now ok.
      As for the incomplete bar issue, I will try next week to get some screen shots as this is an intermittent issue.
      Appears to manifest itself especially when traffic is heavy. To be accurate it is often the next to last candlestick which is erroneous. It corrects when I key in the ticker a second or third time.

Comment

This is a 2M chart of FB.
        On the first attempt, the next to last candle displayed is wrong, the correct candle is on the second chart, with the wicks. Note the difference, also note the corresponding volume bar on the first chart is also wrong.
        Any clues why this happens ? It's a regular occurrence and very frustrating..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chart20140530214108.png
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	242965Click image for larger version

Name:	Chart20140530214049.png
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	242966
        Last edited by PHD; 05-30-2014, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Do you have the eSignal DM sync'd with your computer clock?
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

What is DM ?
            In the Application Properties, Timezone and Clock are set to Exchange Timezone.

Comment

At the bottom of the your screen, while eSignal is running, there is a program called the Data Manager. If you click on this to bring up on the screen and then click again to remove the "Limitation of use" message, you can then click on Data, then Time. Make sure there is a checkmark in the box here.
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

It is checked. The latency issue has only happened twice, and apparently I wasn't the only one to suffer from this today.
                Any suggestions regarding the erroneous next to last bar on the charts ?

Comment

The bars not being complete like that normally indicates a time issue. Would it be possible for us to arrange a call so that we can see this happen? I think we can get this solved for you.
                  Thank you,
                  Eric O.
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Ok for a call, but this could take some time as the problem does not occur consistently.
                    Anything I can do on my side to solve the issue ?

Comment

Working...
                    X