Forex Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott,

would like to be part of the group, where do I send the PM to.....

Peter

Comment

Hi,

Just PM me with you eSignal username and contact info. We'll be in touch next week.

Thanks.

Comment

To all those that asked to participate, thank you for your interest.

We are postponing the start of the project until early next year and at that time, I will be back in contact with those that requested to be included.

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

Just wondering about the status of the test. Any word on when we'll be able to start?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
            Hagadol,

The status of being able to use just one Forex contributor w/in eSignal remains unchanged. It's definitely an issue that has high internal visibility but we haven't been able to slip it into the planning/production process quite yet.

That quote you reference is not accurate. Can you point me to a url or is that a printed ad? If printed, please fax me a copy at 510-266-6021.

Thanks.
            Scott,
            This topic has had a lot of discussion and as you state, "internal visibility". In fact, it seems to have been discussed for a few years now. You also state that " . . we haven't been able to slip it into the planning/production process . . .". This topic has now been an issue through at least two eSignal releases - 7.7. and 7.8 . Even the workaround has been delayed.

Can eSignal now make a final decision or commitment and clearly state whether this issue will be addressed or not, and if so, when ?

Regards,
            Wolraad.

Comment

Wolraad,

Unfortunately, the changes to support single forex contributors is a complex one and involves changes at the feed level, server level and desktop level. It is still a feature we hope to add but current feed and server redesign plans must come first. Sorry to say, no specific ETA at this time.

Python,

We hope to be able to start the forex trial/test with a few users by the end of the month and we will be in touch with those that volunteered.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

do you have news for about the single forex data feed?

Tomcat

Comment

Hi Tomcat,

Not much new to report but we did finish a quick test with three users to review an alternate methodology for handling our existing Forex/GTIS feed. Thanks to those 3 users that gave us some time and, generally speaking, results were good. We'll be fully reviewing the results at the next product design meeting.

Thanks.

Comment

ScottJ

Why is it impossible for esignal to implement forex data from the sister firm comstock. Or isn´t it?

They have extremly good data. And that is all esignal users
                    want to have. -

Tomcat

Comment

Hi Tomcat,

I'm curious as to your source of information. Can you elaborate?

While we still have a few different internal networks in operation within IDC (Interactive Data Corp - parent to both Comstock and eSignal), as far as I know, we all use the same GTIS feed for Forex data (GTIS was merged into Comstock Operations). In other words, while there might be some subtle differences as a result of the delivery channel/network, the data is from the same source.

Thanks.

Comment

How has eSignal progressed with the FX feed ?

It has been six months + now, since the issues discussed in this thread.

Just wondering if their has been any changes ?

Comment

Good News!

We have made significant progress on supporting a single-source Forex feed. We're working out the final pricing details and will need to collect some intraday history but the new service should be announced in the next 1-2 months, if not sooner.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

good news. verry good.

tomcat

Comment

if your fx data feed will be a single data feed is the next big problem you should work about the pre/post qoutes for stocks. why is it so difficult to give us the possibility to choose we want to see them or not? is it a problem of programming? it is very important. thats the only reason for me to leave to another data vendor. the rest, as far as i see today esignal is very good. thanks at this point.

tomcat

Comment

Hi Tomcat,

Can you elaborate a bit more? If you use the Form T/ Last field vs Last, you'll see pre and post market quotes in a quote window. Is this a specific window or market issue?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X