Alerts on MAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alerts on MAS

I would like to set an alert when two MA's cross. Please advise as to how I go about doing this. I asked Live rep but they directed me here.

Jbfox,

You may want to read through the following thread. The Basicmax2(alerts).efs should accomplish what you are looking to do.

Comment

In the thread the comment was " Right click the chart select Edit Studies then select the MAx2 study from the dropdown list." When I select Edit Studies all I get is the Edit Studies window and no dropdown list that shows MAx2.

Comment

Jbfox,

Lower in the thread, you will see the basicmax2(alerts).efs file available for download. You'll want to download the study and apply it to the Advanced Chart window. From here, you can choose "Edit Studies" and make the adjustments to the MA length. I'll attach the study to this post so you can download without having to search through the aforementioned thread.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have the MAx2 loaded but when the MAs cross I do not receive an alert. I guess there is more I need to do here.

Comment

jbfox
            FWIW I just downloaded the efs and ran it and it triggered both a sound alert and the Alert window on the cross of the averages (see image)
            Do the averages appear to be running in real time ie are they plotting on the most recent bar or do they appear one bar behind?
            Alex

Comment

Gads Alex thanks for your prompt reply. First of all please tell me to which folder you saved the EFS. I put mine in the EFS/download or does it matter? My offset is set to 0.

Comment

jbfox
                I saved it in Formulas but you can save it in any of the subfolders of Formulas.
                With the Offset set to 0 does the plot appear to be running in real time on the most recent bar?
                Alex

Comment

Alex here are my settings.
                  Attached Files

Comment

jbfox
                    I have set it up with the same settings and as far as I can see it is working fine.
                    In the two images below you can see the Triggered Alert List before and after the cross on a 15T chart of $INDU
                    On your charts can you see the averages plotting on the last bar as in the images below?
                    Alex

Comment

I think I have it figured now. If I have anymore issues I will be back. In the meantime thank you very much for your time and patience Alex.

Comment

Ok one last question Alex. On one of you posts you asked "Do the averages appear to be running in real time ie are they plotting on the most recent bar or do they appear one bar behind?"

I see that I do not get an alert until one bar has past. Can you direct me how to set this so I get an alert on the bar it occurs.

Comment

jbfox
                          In that efs the alerts are triggered only at the completion of the interval to avoid false signals.
                          The attached revision will trigger a single alert per bar when the crossover occurs. The alerts will reset on a new bar
                          Alex
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X