Quote & portfolio window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote & portfolio window

Why is it that the % change column in the quote window does not match the % gain change column in the portfolio window for the same stock, shouldn't they be the same?

newnvestr

newnvestr,

The % gain column in the Portfolio window is based on the entry price of the position whereas the % change is based on the percentage change for the current day only. Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks for your quick reply, I understand that % gain is based on the buying price but how about "% gain today" of the portfolio and "% change" of quote, shouldn't they be the same?

newnvestr

Comment

newnvestr
        As far as I can see they appear to be the same. Right click the heading for Change and %Change in the Quote Window select Compute Change and and make sure that From Previous Close is checked
        Alex

Comment

sorry, still not working!!

Comment

newnvestr
            Again they appear to be the same on all the symbols I tried (see sample image)
            Having said that there will be a difference if the %Gain Today is greater than 0.05. In that case the Quote Window will round up %Change since it displays one decimal only instead of two as in the Protfolio Window
            Alex

Comment

Pretty sure we have a bug with the % Gain Today field. Since we aren't storing the total value of the position from yesterday, we can't accurately gauge the % Gain Today. That'll be fixed when we release the new quote/portfolio/summary combo window due out with 8.0 later this year.

Thanks.

Comment

THANK YOU!!!.............thank you

Newnvestr

Comment

Working...
                X