Skewed Trend Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skewed Trend Lines

I maintain diagonal upslope and downslope trendlines on multiple charts, and every morning when I start eSignal, I'm confronted with skewed trendlines. If I have 8 upsloping lines on a chart, I regularly see three different slopes. It's then a time-wasting process of figuring out which lines are the correct slope and which ones are skewed and need to be deleted and replaced.

Adding to the problem is the fact that lines cannot be configured or identified by slope, so the user has no way of checking line slope against a reference value. In Metastock, for example, line slopes are identified, so once a slope is established for a chart, new lines can easily be created at that slope, and existing line slope can easily be checked if any line looks skewed. Line work in eSignal is really a pain and adds a lot of work to my day that I'd like to see eliminated by a fix in the software.

Another line problem arises from eSignal's failure to display time periods having no volume. This results in an irregular time scale which skews the chart's X-Y axis relationship. Diagonal lines need a fixed X-Y relationship to be valid. With time periods missing from the time scale, diagonal lines on intraday charts are always off position and not reliable.

Is there a fix in progress for any of this?
Working...
X