MetaStock Vol. update problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MetaStock Vol. update problem

I just started using eSignal with Metastock RT Pro 7.2 and I can't get the volume to update correctly on my chart (e-mini) in realtime. I have to manually refresh the chart each time a new bar is created to see the correct volume. I've tried changing the settings in the equis server but regardless the volume on the bars doesn't update properly.

It looks like the volume is updateing in real time with tick volume instead of the real volume but when I refresh the chart the actual volume is inserted.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks.

wally

Hi Wally,

Is volume updating OK w/in the eSignal application? If not, we should defintely see where you are connected and do some other troubleshooting. That's not something we see very often.

If all is OK in eSignal but not in Metastock, I don't have any ideas off-hand. Have you asked the Equis support people yet?

Thanks,
    Scott J.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Scott,

The volume seems to be updating in the eSignal application. I have talked to someone at Equis and they thought it was the data feed since I have the Equis server set Not to change the reported volume. So I'm not sure where the problem is. I was hoping someone had experienced a similar problem with MS and had the solution. Maybe an eSignal file in my MS application needs to be updated??

wally

Comment

Volume in MS Pro 7.2

Hi Wally,

I wish I had a simple setting for you but unfortunately, aside from the Equis permissioning bit, there are no settings that I'm aware of in eSignal to set for Metastock. Since you are getting quotes in MS, the permissioning bit must be on.

We've tested Metastock internally and I don't recall any problems with volumes updating. Was the Equis technician able to duplicate the problem on his end? They are the experts on their own application.

If any other customers are reading this and had a similiar problem, would be great to here the solution.

If the problem persists and you can't get a resolution, please send me an e-mail at [email protected] with your eSignal username or user ID and I'll have someone contact Equis and see what we can do.

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks, Scott. I may have found my problem. I created new securities in another directory with the "create security" function and they now seem to be reporting volume. Or at least all the volume is tick volume so when I refresh I don't get different volume numbers that are much higher and then have tick volume on subsequent bars until I refresh again.

Regardless, I think that by clicking on the security names in the eSignal directory was not giving me files that were updating and each time I opened the security or refreshed it was importing all new data from eSignal instead of accessing the file.

It seems to be working adequately now by using new file names in the new directory.

Thanks.

Wally

Comment

Great. Thanks for the update.

The ability to document these sorts of user experiences are one reason we're so excited about eSignal Central and these forums. Should provide an excellent archive for users to search and find useful information.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X