Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Vista

Noticed a few issuses with Vista.

1) The eSginal window title bar icons (pop out, top off, minimise, maximise, close etc dodn't work properly). A real pain!!

2) The help menu isn't supported. i.e it's written in windows help format which Vista doesn't support ( very helpfull of Microsoft - not!)

just to mention a few.

Have a spanking new top of the range PC which isn't very eSignal friendly.

Hi James 88,

Thanks for the post. We are aware of these and are working on it. Hang in there, I have the same issues on my new vista laptop as well.

Comment

For the icon issue, try running in "classic" mode, I think they call it. That will do the trick.

Thanks.

Comment

Assuming you mean "Windows classic view" under Folder Options - unfortunately doesn't make any difference. Good try though. If you mean something else please let me know.

Don't buy Vista - nothing is compatible. 9 out of 10 of my trading platforms and broker software programs don't work. Only TradeStation is up to speed with Vista. It's a nightmare! and Vista is all you can buy now. Something's gotta change... and soon. Thank goodness my old machine is still running alongside.

How long before eSignal will be Vista'ized. This is costing me $$$.

Comment

Further to my blasting of Vista...

Right click over the desktop icon of a program, properties/ compatibility/ mode/ run in... i.e. Windows XP (SP2)

seems to allow it to run in any older version of windows as you select.

Further if you download a patch off Microsoft, you can also support Windows Formatted Help Menus.

However, eSignal window icons are still unuseable, but I am running other non-vista programs now.

Comment

Right click Computer/ Properties/ Advanced System Settings/ Performance Settings/ Visual Effects/

& uncheck the last box "use visual styles on windows and buttons"

sorts the eSignal problem in a roundabout way..

Comment

Hi All,

This is a very easy way to get all of the titlebar buttons back in eSignal. It does take away from the glory of Vista but makes the application much more user friendly.

We're working on a KB article with screenshots and should have this available this afternoon.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Please click the link for the updated Windows Vista KB article:

Comment

Working...
                X