Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improvements /Bugfixes for Order Ticket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvements /Bugfixes for Order Ticket.

Could you tell me if there is any chance of making some improvements to the order ticket?

I do not know how high a priority it would be to change these but they would help a lot.

I am using IB but I think these are relevant to most of them.

The default order type should be Limit not Market. If you have to close and reopen eSignal, it is easy to send a market order through if you have not changed the order type. Surely the design philosophy should be "Safety First?"

There is a zero in the default quantity. In a fast moving market it is easy to click on the box, enter your amount e.g. 1300 and have the 0 added on to the end so you end up with a fill of 13 000 not 1300. There should be nothing in the quantity box.

The Bid and Ask prices transferred to the Price box have decimals to 6 points. You can only amend these by deleting 3 of the 0's otherwise you cannot enter a number. So you cannot change 27.40 to 27.41 without deleting 3 zeros first.

It would be excellent to have a small up/down "Spin Button" to increase or decrease the order price without using the keyboard.

I am aware that entering a whole number order does not work. Is the problem with eSignal or with IB? It would be great to have this fixed.

Please let me know what the chances are of this happening

p
Working...
X