Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renko Chart

HOW CAN I GET THE RENKO CHART?
    I DID NOT FIND IT IN THE FORMULAS, EFS STUDIES EVEN NOT IN THE STANDARD CHARTS.

THANKS FOR HELP.
    PIERRE

Re: Renko Chart

Pierre
    Renko charts are available in the Advanced Charts. To set an Advanced Chart to Renko you can either select the chart then click the Renko button which is in the Advanced Chart Toolbar or you can right click the chart and in the context menu select Chart Type-> Renko
    Alex

Originally posted by PSK
    HOW CAN I GET THE RENKO CHART?
    I DID NOT FIND IT IN THE FORMULAS, EFS STUDIES EVEN NOT IN THE STANDARD CHARTS.

THANKS FOR HELP.
    PIERRE

Comment

RENKO CHART

THANK YOU ALEX VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

WHEN I SET THE BOX SIZE OF TGHE RENKO TO 0.01 AND THE TIME TO 1 MINUTE, I GOT NOTHING; ONLY IN THE DAILY VIEW.
      PLEASE COULD ANYONE TELL ME TO SEE RENKO CHART IN ONE, 3, EVEN 60 MINUTES?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Comment

Re: RENKO CHART

Pierre
        What symbols are you trying to plot? It could be that 0.01 is still to high a Box Size for that or other intraday intervals.
        Anyhow enclosed below is a screenshot of a 1 minute Renko chart of IBM with a Box Size of 0.01
        Alex

Originally posted by PSK
        THANK YOU ALEX VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

WHEN I SET THE BOX SIZE OF TGHE RENKO TO 0.01 AND THE TIME TO 1 MINUTE, I GOT NOTHING; ONLY IN THE DAILY VIEW.
        PLEASE COULD ANYONE TELL ME TO SEE RENKO CHART IN ONE, 3, EVEN 60 MINUTES?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Comment

Renko Chart

Alexis,

I tried 0.01 in FOREX pairs and it doesn't work however it works in other software like Metastock Pro. On the other hand when I change the setting in esignal to 0.001, it works and I do not why!!?

Comment

Hi There,

From my limited knowledge of Renko charting...
            The Box size on a Renko, should always be smaller than the minimum price difference to be displayed.

For a standard Forex symbol, the smallest difference between the high and low price is of the order: 0.001

For example:
            Symbol: EUR A0-FX on 10-Jan-2008
            Daily High: 1.4282
            Daily Low: 1.4211
            High - Low = 0.007

A box size of 0.001 is smaller than 0.007, so this should work.

A box size of 0.01 is larger than 0.007, so the Renko chart will not be capable of displaying the bar on 10-Jan-2008.

Kind Regards,
            Last edited by eSignal_ShaheedM; 05-20-2008, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X