Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

esignal shows bogus daily bars on some index daily charts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esignal shows bogus daily bars on some index daily charts.

On some stock index charts such as $NDX and $SPX, eSignal shows a bogus candlestick bar on their daily chart for current day before the market is open. I think this problem was fixed before, but I don't know why it appears again in the latest eSignal release. Also on the daily chart of $VIX, the last (bogus) bar even has a much lower low price than yesterday's bar while the open, high and close are of the same value as the yesterday bar.

Anyway showing a fake daily bar before the market is open is an incorrect implement. Please fix it.

- Clearpicks
    Attached Files

Re: esignal shows bogus daily bars on some index daily charts.

clearpicks
    FWIW I am not seeing the additional bar at my end (see enclosed screenshot) so it could be server related.
    Try closing down both eSignal and the Data Manager and restartring them after a few seconds. If the problem persists you may want to try contacting eSignal's support through LiveRep
    Alex

Originally posted by clearpicks
    On some stock index charts such as $NDX and $SPX, eSignal shows a bogus candlestick bar on their daily chart for current day before the market is open. I think this problem was fixed before, but I don't know why it appears again in the latest eSignal release. Also on the daily chart of $VIX, the last (bogus) bar even has a much lower low price than yesterday's bar while the open, high and close are of the same value as the yesterday bar.

Anyway showing a fake daily bar before the market is open is an incorrect implement. Please fix it.

- Clearpicks

Comment

After restarting eSignal, everything was shown correct. I will test it again next week to see whether it has anything to do with when eSignal is started.

- Clearpicks

Comment

clearpicks
        As an aside it seems from the image you posted that you are defining the daily interval in the Time Template and setting it to Dynamic and Auto. FWIW you don''t actually need to do that as the daily (or higher) interval will already be set to Dynamic by default if there is no specific definition. The only time you would want to define the Daily (or higher) intervals is if you want to load a specific number of bars or days. Also setting Start/.End times on a Daily (or higher) interval has no effect on those bars because those intervals do not make use of the Start/End times. As I explained to you in another thread the daily bars are created using a single OHLCV quote based on a snapshot message sent by the exchanges.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X