Extremely long load times for Daily Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely long load times for Daily Charts

This is a problem that I have off and on.

This morning it is 'on'.
    Meaning, it takes up to 5 minutes to load a Daily chart.
    No problems with ANY intraday charts, but every daily chart I try to look at just sits there with the "loading data" message.

Happens for every stock and indice I try to load.
    Created a chart with no indicators/studies to see if that was the problem but it didn't help.

Running build 516.

Daily charts

We're working with a few customers on this very issue of daily charts taking a long time to load. Can you send me your username so I can see your connection history? Either PM or email me at [email protected]

When you request a daily chart, how far back are you going ( i.e. 1 year, 6 mos, 3 years, etc.)? If you shorten the time period, does it load any quicker? Others are reporting this happens most often during peak market times, like the open. Same hold true for you?
    Same result using standard or advanced charts?

Thanks,

Comment

same this morning.

Took two minutes to load daily $sox chart (@ 9:45)
      all intraday's loading fine.

Comment

Mine was short

I just tried it. $sox on daily, it took about 3 seconds. I have w98 with beta build 519.

Bert

Comment

Whizz,

We took the server you were connected to offline. I'll bet your daily charts are working just fine now. If not, let me know. It's very helpful for you to post or email me when you see the problem. That way, we can see the exact server you're connected to and in this case, take it offline and figure out what's not working right.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Scott!

You are quite right, the daily's started loading post haste, ipso facto, jelly belly quick.

Will let you know if it happens again.

Cheers.
            V

Comment

Just a test to see if I can get in here.
              Tony

Comment

Just another test to see if my favorites thing is working..
                Tony

Comment

Right now, at 9:32AM my daily's are updating perfectly.

QLGC KLAC MXIM HMY DROOY are the tickers thus far

User No 420689 so see what server I'm on and make 'em all like this

Note to Andy Smith: I just called into cust service and told them to notify you when you get in.

-------------------------------------------

9:40am - still updating instantly. This is great! Best it's been.

Maybe we're getting to the source of the problem?

Any chance I can get this tick server every day?

Last edited by TechAnalysis; 12-19-2002, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Good to hear. Please keep posting information like this, it's very helpful.

Since focussing on this more last week, we've had several server problems that would have created a slowdown accessing daily charts and each of those issues have been addressed and resolved. Considering that a few users have indicated this problem has been happening on and off for months, I think we need to be extra diligent to find all the potential server issues.

Thanks and keep on posting here please!

Comment

Slow daily's here right now...
                      Tony

Comment

OK they have fixed themselves by 7:20
                        Tony

Comment

Tonysandiego,

We had to take the server you were connected to offline. We're taking a closer look at this server to see what went wrong. Please continue to post here as this helps us find potential server problems. We'll continue to check our history servers, address any issues and resolve them.

Mike Ramos
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Friday 12-20 937am ET -

Daily charts loading just fine. User No: 420689

EBAY QLGC HMY DROOY RGLD ERTS AMGN PETM

Comment

Here's one problem though. I've been getting Zero as the low of the day (today) on some daily charts, but not right away. After the chart is up for a few minutes all of a sudden the lower wick of today's daily candlestick will be at "0", compressing the y-axis range of the actual data before it because of the zero low.

QLGC MXIM are 2 of the tickers. I have price filtering enabled and yet that setting is being ignored.

If I change tickers then change back the "0" disapperas, the reappears later all by itself.

?????

Comment

Working...
                              X