is it possible to have an EFS script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to have an EFS script

scan a basket of stocks for breakout patterns, etc, and then trade the breakout accordingly? or, can you have the market scanner trigger an EFS script upon certain conditions?

thanks in advance,

asher

Asherisaac,

At this time, EFS is structured to only work with Advanced Chart windows. It doesn’t have the ability to tap into the symbol database and perform scanning functions. The Market Scanner will find stocks based on certain criteria set by the user, but the symbols generated from the scanner must be manually selected as active in the Advanced Chart. Any EFS studies that you have applied to the Advanced Chart can trigger trades providing that is their sole function, but EFS doesn't auto load and trade the symbols generated from the scanner products.

Comment

DuaneG:

any plans for including this functionality in future EFS releases? would further set you apart from the competition.

Comment

Hi Asherisaac,

I haven't heard of any specific plans about implementing this functionality into the Scanner tools although I see how its usefulness could benefit quite a large amount of eSignal users. I'll pass the idea over to the Product Development Team for consideration as a future enhancement. If you have any specific thoughts about how you would like to see this feature work, please feel free to email them directly at [email protected]. Thank you for the post.

Comment

Working...
        X