MarketCenter Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarketCenter Positions

Anybody have any real success tracking positions with MarketCenter? I find that if I open a position (show a purchase via the "Edit Position" function off the pull-sown menu on the symbol), monitoring the Profit/Loss column is useful for noting your current situation relative to the acquisition (Wow ... that's just a little obvious). Here's the sticking point ... go to "Edit Position and close the position, or a part of the position as of some date/time in the past. I would expect that the P/L column would track the remaining shares, but it continues to track the change in value for the entire position. Worse, it seems to continue to track even when the entire position is closed? Am I not using theis facility correctly?

----answered my own question----
    I was loosing my position closing data ... how, I'm not sure, but when I went back and looked at a position for which I know I had entered closing data, that portion of the "edit position" window was empty ... as it was for several other positions. I'm not in the practice of loosing my mind, so I'm pretty sure of my facts ... all that said, re-entering the position close data fixed the problem and I've tried several ways to "accidentally" loose the position closing data. So far, I have been unsuccessful at re-producing the problem. UNCLE ... I give ... commit me ... I HAVE lost my mind after 30 years in this business.
    Last edited by jdevine; 07-27-2005, 08:19 AM.
    JAD in Dallas
Working...
X