Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third party software symbol selection

Hi,

As I am a programmer as well as a trader, I have several of my own in house developed softwares running next to QCharts.

I usually get my triggers from my own software and then have to type the symbol in QCharts to get the chart on it.

I was wondering if it is possible to control the symbol selection of QCharts from the outside. Ideally, I'm thinking of clicking on a symbol in my own software (which doesn't do charts), which then sends something to my QCharts client to pull up the symbol automatically.

Is there maybe an IP port to send something to or is there a directory monitored by QCharts where a file can be dropped with a symbol in it (XML file or something)?

I know there is an SDK which allows to get data from the QFeed and do all kind of other things with QCharts but that would be overkill for having this little feature.

Anyone has an idea if this is possible. If it isn't, maybe it would be a nice feature for QCharts 6 (JayF?)

Thanks,

Walter

Hi,

No suggestions anyone? I suppose that means it cannot be done in the current version of QCharts.

Jay: is there any chance this feature might be an asset in 6.0?

Thanks,
    Walter

Comment

There is a feature called SynQ that is documented in the QDP documentation and uses Windows Messaging to communicate between applications. This feature can be turned on/off via the View -- Prefs, Workspaces tab.

I'm working on digging up the exact spec on using this feature. I don't see any reason that we should hold this QCharts feature back now that QDP has been discontinued (as a product.)

Stay tuned. More to follow.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay,

If you can find the specs and post them, that would be brilliant!

Greetings,
        Walter

Comment

Walter,

The SynQ information has been extracted from the QDP SDK and placed here. Included in the zip file is an example application and source code for sending QCharts a symbol.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Thanks a million Jay.

This is going to allow me to move much faster on my trading platform and will also stop me from typing in the wrong symbol (which happens from time to time).

Thanks again,
            Walter

Comment

Working...
            X