Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q-charts using 4 Monitors--Problem moving charts in workspace to different monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q-charts using 4 Monitors--Problem moving charts in workspace to different monitors

Hi,
    I am a fairly new user to Q-charts and just got my new computer and 4 monitors hooked up so that I could get a better overiew of all the charts. I can see my screen saver on all four of my monitors. When I pull up the Q-charts and open my workspace on one monitor, I am trying to move my weekly chart from my workspace to monitor #2, the daily chart to monitor #3 and the and the rest of the workspace to monitor #4. (On my monitor #1 I am keeping my broker page open). It does not appear that the workspace in Q-charts will allow me to "pull out" some of the weekly, daily, etc. charts and move to another screen. Is there a trick to this? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Bianca

Make sure your monitors are enabled to stretch Desktop across the monitors.
    Open QCharts and at Login select "blank workspace".
    QCharts has to be in "restore down" state, not maximized.
    Grab a corner of the overall QCharts master window/frame and stretch across monitors.
    QCharts doesn't support "floating" a chart/quotesheet/whatnot outside of the master frame.

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

One additional screen question

Thanks Larry for your reply. Your suggestion worked. I did have one other question...It a bit of an odd problem.

I have a FireMV 2400 PCI Express card. On one of the four screens it leaves artifacts on the screen (ie. when you move a window around it looks like pieces of the screen get eaten)...Very odd. I called ATI and they sent a new card, but the new card still does the same thing. I called ATI back and they thought it was the driver, yet I don't have any other drivers to load It only happens on one screen, but I know it's not a problem with the screen since on the first card it happened on the 3rd monitor screen while on this new card it happended on the 4th screen. When I totally get out of the application (or shut down my computer and reboot), the screen is "refreshed" and I have a complete screen. When I go back to the fourth screen and move things around, the same problem occurs where artifacts are left on the screen that look like the screen get eaten.
      I am thinking I may need a different card from a different manufacturer. Have you had this problem before? Are there any other 4 monitor cards that you recommend besides the one I already have? Thanks for your input.
      Bianca

Comment

Hi Bianca,

Glad you can now stretch across your desktop.

Regarding your pixel gobbling issue, I'm not the one to ask. I'm hardly a multi-monitor techie type. I've yet to have to debug my setup, which was built by Dell.

So, if there's an expert reading this, how 'bout giving Bianca a hand.

In the meantime, were I you, I wouldn't give up on the card you have just yet. Perhaps it is a driver issue. There's a site I use that's really cool. Register (it's OK, they are good guys) and run the Full System test that includes monitor tests. There's also a function to check your drivers against the latest available. Their forum is a good place to ask questions.
        www.pcpitstop.com

A quick Google of phrase "FireMV 2400 PCI Express" turned up some interesting sites. Here's just one that has quite a bit of info on your specific card, including pre-install checklist and install procedure that mentions incompatibilities and stuff to look out for.
        http://www.naplestech.com/shopcart/quadvideo_faq.asp

Good luck.

LAM

Comment

Working...
        X