QCharts 6.0.1.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts 6.0.1.11

I just installed QCharts 6.0.1.11 and performance has improved.

I am running:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
    Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 1.47 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Single monitor

Typically running QCharts workspace with 5 charts (BB, 6 MA, support/resistance lines, 3 studies) and about 150 symbols.

With 6.0.1.2 I was having lockups, general performance problems and was begining to think that the client was written in Visual Basic. Whenever I maximized a chart, it would take about 10-15 seconds for the window to get focus (chart cursor active). When changing symbols in the workspace it would take 30-40 seconds for all the charts to be completed and occasionally some of the charts would never update.

I am a novice user at this point, but my initial impression of 6.0.1.11 is good. The delay of focus when maximizing a chart is gone. The workspace charts update more quickly when switching symbols, although there is room for improvement.

This is my opinion after only about 20 minutes of experience with 6.0.1.11 but the difference is noticeable.

After reading mewattorney's post I checked out the history on charts with a interval less than daily and the history on goes back 6 months.

I also agree with him that the current perfomance is unacceptable. I was hoping that this version would be the depature point for real improvements.
    Last edited by gil92604; 03-13-2008, 10:09 AM.
Working...
X