e-mini SP 600 symbol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mini SP 600 symbol?

Can someone please tell what the symbol in QCharts is for the emini S&P 600 (small cap) futures contract?

Re: e-mini SP 600 symbol?

Hi rickty,

SK - QCharts 5.1 - SK08M front month

T6 - QCharts 6.0 - T6 #F continuous or T6 M8 front month

LAM
    Originally posted by rickty
    Can someone please tell what the symbol in QCharts is for the emini S&P 600 (small cap) futures contract?

Comment

Re: Re: e-mini SP 600 symbol?

LAM,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm have QCharts 5.1, when I enter SK08M, at the top of the chart it says "S&P SmallCap 600 2008-Jun {Delay 10}" but no bars are drawn. As I'm not paying for access to pit traded symbols, it would appear this is the symbol for the pit-traded contract. However, I would like to know the emini contract symbol.
      By the way, where is this information generally available?

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
      Hi rickty,

SK - QCharts 5.1 - SK08M front month

T6 - QCharts 6.0 - T6 #F continuous or T6 M8 front month

LAM

Comment

rickty,

Can you get a chart of CL08K ?
        If not, that most likely means you are not subscribed to the $5 Delayed Futures package. And it's possible that the SmallCap 600 isn't part of the CME e-mini package, in case you're subscribed to that and can get ES OK and likely expect that the 600 mini is part of that package. I can't demonstrate or know whether or not the 600 mini is part of the e-mini package since I currently have both subscriptions...e-mini and Delayed.

SK is the SmallCap 600 emini, and I'll get into the proof of that and how I found that symbol after we can get you some bars on SK.

I didn't know at the time of previous post that the symbol is SMC if one is on the special IP4 feed servers, namely cc10.sc8 and cc-11.sc8.

LAM
        Attached Files

Comment

LAM,

I also can't get CL08K. I guess I'll need to check with eSignal what extra cost there will be to get SK. (I had (erroneously)assumed that all CME emini futures were included in their emini package).

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
          rickty,

Can you get a chart of CL08K ?

LAM

Comment

Originally posted by rickty
            I guess I'll need to check with eSignal what extra cost there will be to get SK.
            Hey rickty,

FYI, you can subscribe to the $5 Delayed package online via Account Maintenance.
            https://secure.esignal.com/maintenance.aspx?bhcp=1
            Click Add/Cancel Add-On Services link and go into the Delayed Services page.
            It takes but a short time for the subscription to take effect, usually within the half hour.
            This will open up all the US and Canadian Futures exchanges so one can chart (delayed of course) stuff like NYMEX Crude and Gold and whatever else one wishes.

Also, while you're there, check the Real Time Services page and verify you have the "US Futures Exchange (formerly Eurex US) $0.00" turned ON. I'm sure you do if you can get ES realtime, but verify anyhow. I seem to recall (vaguely) that there was a post awhile back where that item not being ON was causing a problem re: not getting charts.

You asked "where is this information generally available?". In the case of SK, it's not. How I found it is a long drawn out description of a hand made labor intensive goofy process. I'll get back with that later. Gotta split fer now.

LAM

Comment

Larry,
              I've subscribed to the delayed US and Canadian Futures via eSignal.

Would you mind providing a list of available futures symbols to those who have subscribed to this additional service?

I've not yet been able to get a good understanding of all of the different future symbols and their actual meanings.

Thanks in advance, by the way, I just reinstalled task info on my new cpu.

Thanks Larry,
              Matthew

Comment

Hey Matthew,

How 'bout starting HERE .

And at that page use the link to the Symbol Directory. It will just take time to sort out all the different syms on all the different exchanges if one is new to Futures. The CME eminis are quite popular and lots of folks subscribe to them with the Realtime CME emini package...another $30.

With that Delayed package, you get all US and Canadian Futures, but on a delay of 10 to 30min depending on the symbol.

If you're using an older TaskInfo, the extra few bucks to upgrade to Version 7 is worth it, imho.

HTH,

LAM

Originally posted by matthewjhhorner
                Larry,
                I've subscribed to the delayed US and Canadian Futures via eSignal.

Would you mind providing a list of available futures symbols to those who have subscribed to this additional service?

I've not yet been able to get a good understanding of all of the different future symbols and their actual meanings.

Thanks in advance, by the way, I just reinstalled task info on my new cpu.

Thanks Larry,
                Matthew

Comment

I'm an emini subscriber.
                  I just signed up for the Dow delayed, and I think it may take a while for it to update my account.

What is the Dow delayed 5 minute symbol? Is it simply DJ H8

Also looking for the oil futures.

Comment

For the Dow, methinks you want the higher volume and globex overnight emini.
                    YM #F (continuous)
                    YM M8 (current front month June).

For oil and metals, look at NYMEX & COMEX in the Symbol Directory.
                    Oil
                    CL #F
                    CL K8

LAM

Originally posted by matthewjhhorner
                    I'm an emini subscriber.
                    I just signed up for the Dow delayed, and I think it may take a while for it to update my account.

What is the Dow delayed 5 minute symbol? Is it simply DJ H8

Also looking for the oil futures.

Comment

thanks Larry, well done!
                      Matthew

Comment

Working...
                      X