Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propagating lines/ master line template

Hi all!

Quick question: Is it possible to propagate lines between different stocks on the SAME chart window OR is it possible to apply a master line template?

For instance, I want to draw a line on a particular date, say an extended, vertical line, and I want that line to appear on each and every single stock when I bring it up.

Sound doable? If so, please tell me how. I've jimmied with everything I can find, but can't seem make it happen.

Thanks!

As I understand the file format, this is not possible.

Comment

nall's right.
      No can do.

Comment

Is there a way to replicate lines within the file? I tried that by opening it in a hex editor, but there seemed to be a check sum in there that I couldn't figure out at the top. The work space kept getting corrupted when I copied lines over from one stock to the next - even when I updated the entity count for each stock.

Is there somewhere I could read up on the bitwise file format for the .qcw files?

Comment

I have a java library that can read and write workspace files. I'm planning on open sourcing it when I have time -- I've just been swamped with other projects recently. It would let you do what you're asking about.

nall.

Comment

nall, I'd love to get my hands on that, or if it's easy to describe how to jerry-rig it, I don't mind doing it manually if you can tell me how or point me to where I can read up on it.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

It's a big pain to do it by hand. The file consists of structures nested within structures (the line entities are way down in that chain) and the lengths have to be accounted for at each level of nesting. I had someone else asking me for this recently, so I'll see if I can put together something by this weekend.

Comment

That would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                X