Why no intraday data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no intraday data?

I'm currently switching over to QC6 and for some reason, I can't see any intraday data, no matter what the intraday chart interval is (anything less than D).

I can see intraday data fine in QC5, but not in QC6.

Thinking it might be that I had too many symbols in my workspace, I created one with a single intraday chart and a single quote sheet with only two stock symbols. I can't imagine that's stressing my system, but I still get nothing intraday.

Does anybody have any idea why I can't see intraday data in QC6, and what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Please note that our symbols have changed with the latest version of our Qcharts application.
    Please find access to the new symbol guide here

Kind Regards,

Comment

So ShaheedM... Are you saying that eSignal uses different symbols for intraday charts than it does for Daily and Weekly Charts?!? I believe Roy is saying that he cannot see INTRADAY symbols in QC6.

I suppose a question for him could be what symbol can he not see intraday... just to help him diagnose the problem. Then, if he is looking for Futures, Option, or Index symbols, then yes, those symbols changed. But in that case, he would not be able to see them AT ALL (Intraday or Daily or Weekly or Monthly...) If he is trying to look at regular equities Symbols, I don't believe those symbols have changed (GOOG is still Google, on intraday charts, right?) It is not clear from his note whether he can see symbols on Daily or larger charts in QC6...

With responses like this coming from eSignal, is it any wonder that there are frustrated QCharts users???

Tom

Comment

Re: Why no intraday data?

Originally posted by Roy Miller
        I'm currently switching over to QC6 and for some reason, I can't see any intraday data, no matter what the intraday chart interval is (anything less than D).

I can see intraday data fine in QC5, but not in QC6.

Thinking it might be that I had too many symbols in my workspace, I created one with a single intraday chart and a single quote sheet with only two stock symbols. I can't imagine that's stressing my system, but I still get nothing intraday.

Does anybody have any idea why I can't see intraday data in QC6, and what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks.
        Roy,
        In QC5.1, all data (Daily & Intraday) comes from a single set of Continuum servers. In QC6.0, there is a set of Daily servers and a separate set of Intraday servers.

Unfortunately, there is a bug in 6.0 (previously reported) where the user's login simply just doesn't 'flop the switch' to get to the Intraday servers, but the Daily servers will provide Daily data.

Hopefully, this will be fixed in the next 6.0 version to be released soon.

In the meantime, unfortunately the only advice I can offer you is to keep trying to login.

Good luck,
        Carol

Comment

Re: Re: Why no intraday data?

Originally posted by ckelly
          Roy,
          In QC5.1, all data (Daily & Intraday) comes from a single set of Continuum servers. In QC6.0, there is a set of Daily servers and a separate set of Intraday servers.

Unfortunately, there is a bug in 6.0 (previously reported) where the user's login simply just doesn't 'flop the switch' to get to the Intraday servers, but the Daily servers will provide Daily data.

Hopefully, this will be fixed in the next 6.0 version to be released soon.

In the meantime, unfortunately the only advice I can offer you is to keep trying to login.

Good luck,
          Carol
          Well, that's a bummer.

To clarify for others who have asked or sounded like they were wondering, I can can see Daily data, just not intraday. It's not a symbol problem, since I can see data for Daily charts (and Weekly) for the symbols I'm using, and I changed the index symbols to the AC6 format.

Looks like I'll be calling tech support.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Why no intraday data?

Originally posted by Roy Miller
            I can can see Daily data, just not intraday.
            I had the same problem myself last week. What worked for me was, at the login screen press the F2 key and then at the configuration screen that is presented click on the reset to defaults button.

Regards

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X