Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does qcharts 5 work, but 6 doesn't this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does qcharts 5 work, but 6 doesn't this morning?

I figured out why my qchart 6 wasn't working this morning....

I had this same issue with 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 this morning. Qcharts 5 worked fine.

I login to v6, then "Entitled" "Mkt Depth" "Pwd" and "DM" show red. The Data Manager is green in the task bar and shows everything is fine, but I was unable to open any workspaces because its greyed out.

I tried this several times, and still no go. When exiting I said close data manager. Upon my last try, I noticed the data manager icon was in my task bar, so I manually exited before restarting v6. Then it worked. I was able to login, and this time I noticed that window that pops up connecting to whatever, and it had not done that during the other attempts.

I don't know if this is a known issue but it was annoying since I had no idea what was going on. I will be sure to check for that next time I have login problems.
    Last edited by jmhuff-2; 10-10-2008, 07:42 AM.

jmhuff,

When the QCharts closed there is normally a dialog box that appears asking if you want to close the Data Manager. (See screenshot 1)

That dialog box has three options; when the more button is clicked and the the check marks taken from the two options (see screenshot 2) you data manager will not be shutdown when the application closes and you will not received confirmation of this.

To reset this option to have the Data Manager close when the QCharts closes
    go to View--> Preferences-->Connections and put the check marks back in the box that states "Also shut down eSignal Data Manager."

Please let us know if this works for you.

AveryH
    eSignal Support.

Comment

Working...
    X