QCharts 6.x Beta Configuration Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts 6.x Beta Configuration Issues

If I am restating things I apologize, but I made some configuration changes a few days ago that seemed to clear up a lot of problems I have been experiencing with the betas of QCharts 6.x.

I install QCharts using the Administrator account. I could not get it to install without using an account with Administrative rights. I use QCharts with my normal user account. It prevents me from doing anything "bad" to my PC without realizing it; i.e., I have to sign on as Administrator if I'm going to make any system changes.

I noticed that QCharts makes no application or temp directory entries in any user account directories. This means it is writing all its temp data into directories in the program installation path. I logged on as Administrator and changed the security settings on the QCharts installation directories to give "all" access by all users. Once I made this change, things started to improve. I noticed that options data began to populate. It's still messed up where I only get about 2/3 of the symbols I use and some symbols never display option data. I also am not having many of the chart problems mentioned on the forum here.

I don't know if this will work for others or if it is just a coincidence (can't tell for sure without having the source code to look at), but it definitely seems to have made a difference for me.

BTW, I am using Windows XP Professional SP3 with all the latest Microsoft updates loaded.
Working...
X