QCharts 6.0.3.1613 Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobscott
    This is not surprising to me as the last intraday trades (prior to 16:00) were at 15:59:58 with a price of 92.11 but the Official Closing price was at 16:00:18 and was 92.04. Hasn't this always been the way it was? Or am I "up-and-locked" again?

~Bob
    LOL. Yep, up-and-locked.
    The issue isn't the close, but rather the open.

What you say is indeed so, and has always been so, for the RTH closes being different than the Daily Bar close due to the after 16:00 "sell at market close" settlement type prices in a Daily bar.

LAM

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Marchman

Seems this was symbol specific. I didn't see this goofyness for other syms.
      Why goofy for ESI, and not for another symbol?
      Not a clue.

LAM

Larry,
      Actually, I saw it on various other symbols. Here's another example I captured this morning, just in case I was the only one seeing it.

fyi,
      Carol
      Attached Files

Comment

Larry, Jay -

I also looked back at x1550 and saw the same Daily/Intraday/Intraday discrepancies - which leads me to wonder if the problem might be in the Servers since some symbols displayed the wacky prices and some did not. Note the Servers in my first post for troubleshooting.

fyi,
        Carol

Comment

Larry, Jay -

Please compare to my 10:32am post - note with a new set of servers, now my charts are proper.

Hopefully, Jay, this will help you narrow down the troubleshooting.
          See pic.

fyi,
          Carol
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: flat/horizontal bollinger bands

Originally posted by btrluckythngood
            I've seen this issue for the past four or five versions: I consistently experience flat/horizontal bollinger bands. More noticeable on larger time frame charts.

This is not due to low volatility, as I will see flat BBs on QQQQ but the nasdaq futures, which correlate pretty well with QQQQ, aren't flat on identical time frame charts when displayed at the same time as QQQQ.

Maybe I'm the only one having this issue, but I hope it will be looked into prior to 6.1 release, as I noticed it did was not listed on the bug list.

Other than that, I've been pleased with the performance of this version.

The issue has been reported multiple times - Bill, could you add it to the Bug List?

I also see the flat BB's - typically for me it happens on a 15-min chart - which is almost useless for any version of 6.0 for me. I go to a 13-min (non-standard) chart, and it works fine. But, a 15-min will, most of the time, go to flat BB's or they disappear for the last 5-10 candles.

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
              Larry,
              Actually, I saw it on various other symbols. Here's another example I captured this morning, just in case I was the only one seeing it.

fyi,
              Carol
              Hey CK,

Lemme rephrase...

I think it's noteworthy that the issue isn't regression. It's not something new introduced in 1613. The same goofy chart showed in 1550.

While some chart(S) may be whacky, the issue isn't global to all symbols.
              Why some whacky and not others?
              Not a clue.

LAM

Comment

Re: Re: flat/horizontal bollinger bands

Originally posted by ckelly
                The issue has been reported multiple times - Bill, could you add it to the Bug List?

I also see the flat BB's - typically for me it happens on a 15-min chart - which is almost useless for any version of 6.0 for me. I go to a 13-min (non-standard) chart, and it works fine. But, a 15-min will, most of the time, go to flat BB's or they disappear for the last 5-10 candles.

Carol
                I also see this issue. It appears for me when I put my mahcine in hibernate or standby and then awaken it. It seems as though the flat BBs or the missing candles are becuase the system hasn't been getting data consistently and it doesnt have a "catch up" feature that checks to see when the last data transfer occured. The way I get around it is usually to change symbols or change the time from on the chart and then back again, or sometimes I shutdown and restart.

jwh

Comment

From the release notes:

- Auto-Wave study in no longer plotting excessive lines

I'm still seeing these. I cannot say how widespread the problem is, but I have them on several of the indexes. Hitting shift+home clears them up.

I have so far only noticed this on an intraday chart (233 minute). I don't think I've seen it on any other timeframe.

Another problem I just noticed is that even on a 233m chart that does not have extra lines at the end, if I hit shift+home, the second to last drawn line changes. Even moreso, if all I do is click the left arrow 1 time to step back 1 candle, that same line changes. ie: the initial draw of the second to last AW line appears to be incorrect, but anything which causes a redraw in the chart window is correcting the bad line.

Comment

Other than not getting "entitled" on about the first 5 attempts after install on my W2K box, 1613 is working pretty good for me. Install went fine on Vista box.

Anyway, thanks for getting the Qtrly and Yrly charts working again, that was the biggest headache for me with 1550.

Oh, I did see the mysterious symbol change on a quote sheet bug with 1613. It's always the first symbol in my first quote sheet... which happens to be $INDU. Throws me off when it gets randomly replaced - maybe by the last symbol that was viewed before shutting down? Dunno.

lugz
                    Last edited by lugnutz; 06-06-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

"Release Notes
                      ----------------------------------------
                      - Several performance improvements have been made to Quote Sheet
                      - "

Note sure what the specific improvements are - but, note the Quote Sheets are continuing to duplicate/replace symbols as well as when trying to insert the original symbol, it will not insert, rather displays the duplicated symbol.

See pic,
                      Carol
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ckelly; 06-07-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I had not seen this problem (that Carol has mentioned several times) until this morning. One of my quotesheets has ES, NQ and YM (among others). When I opened QC x1613, NQ had been replaced by ES. I tried editing this line and it just won't display NQ #F in the Symbol column. I even tried typing NQ #F in another quotesheet. No luck. It shows NQ data on the quotesheet but the Symbol displayed is ES. When I click on this line, QCharts displays charts for ES. See pic.

Thanks,
                        Tom
                        Attached Files

Comment

Getting the Time & Sales color coding to
                          work would be nice. I liked it when the the
                          trades at new high/lows would be higlighted
                          in green/red but this doesn't work.

Comment

The color coding for highs and lows on the Time And Sales has
                            been a problem for several versions.

It'll get worked out.

'Tail.

Comment

Although still connected to the Daily Server, Daily/Weekly/Monthly charts have been either taking 5 minutes or longer to paint, or not painting at all until log out/in to acquire a different server.

See pic.
                              Carol
                              Attached Files

Comment

#F & Data Manager

Hi All,

I had never heard of the '#F symbols" (ES #F, NQ #F, etc.) ES and NQ seem to give the current e-mini contract. How does it work? Is it always the current contract?

On another subject, I used to have Qcharts set up so that when I shut it down, the eSignal Data Manager would also go down but now I have to turn off the Data Manager separately. Is that a new "feature" or did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Jim
                                When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
                                -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                                X