QCharts 6.1: Price scale numbers can't change without auto scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts 6.1: Price scale numbers can't change without auto scale

This is a big bug of QCharts 6.1. The chart becomes unusable without auto scale.
    Let's use Dow index as an example. Open a 15 min Dow chart. Adjust the chart so that the date on the right edge of the chart is 9/23/09. Turn on auto scale price to make sure the price scale numbers are correct, then turn it off. Move the chart to the beginning of September by drag and drop. The direction of the mouse should be at an upperward 45 degree angle. The chart looks like end.bmp.
    The last price 9560 is above 9900, the lowest price level 9700 should be about 9300 actually. The numbers on price scale don't match real data. They should change as displayed data changes. A drag of mouse in the vertical direction can correct the problem, but this is a bug anyway. If you do the same in 6.0.3, the chart is correct
    Attached Files

Hey zhangh,

fwiw... I tried, and tried, to reproduce your report, and alas, I can't.
    Things seem to be working OK for me.

LAM

Comment

zhangh,

You are not alone - I see the confused Cursor Price Label on a regular basis as well.

Sample attached.

Carol

PS: Larry . . . . there go those banjos again. . . . .
      Attached Files

Comment

Well, phooey and hmmm...

Z sent me a PM with "you sure you did this and that".
        I did, and after trying again, and again, I can't reproduce the issue.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong to keep getting OK charts.

LAM

Comment

New instruction to reproduce the bug

Sorry Larry, my previous instruction to reproduce the bug lacks some step. It can be reproduced based on the new instruction.
          Open a 15 min Dow chart.
          1. Move the chart so that the last date shown is 9/24/09.
          2. Turn on auto price scale then drag the mouse downward on the price scale until 8000 appears at the bottom.
          3. Move mouse pointer to the highest price of 9/23/09 at 2:30 pm then drag and drop the chart to the lower left corner.
          Now that highest price is well below 9000. Price scale numbers are wrong.
          Attached Files

Comment

Still can't reproduce. The scale adjusts for me, whereas looks like yours is stuck.
            I'm pretty sure I followed your procedure. Observe animated .GIF.
            I get the same result with Remember VScale pref ON or OFF

LAM

Comment

Let me specify more precisely about the drag and drop move in step 3. The move should be a single quick move at about 45 degree angle toward the lower left corner. Even a slight 90 degree vertical move can correct the problem. You movement is slow, it may contain a little vertical move.

Comment

OK. I can reproduce it. It's actually pretty easy, with no need to scroll back and set auto-scale, etc. Just grab the price pane, flatten the bar set, then grab and slash the chart(up or down angle) to "freeze" the price scale pane and attain the price label out of sync with the scale.

fwiw though, a quick movement like that is unlikely to leave the bars where I want them exactly. The inevitable repositioning tweak corrects the scale. So not a show stopper for moi, at least.

And yes, technically, it's regression from 6.0.3.

LAM

Comment

Thanks, Larry. It's a show stopper for me, it's hard to use 6.1 with this bug. Will 6.0.3 be still available after the upgrade deadline of October 26, 2009?

Comment

6.0.3 should still run, unless something that blocks pre-6.1 versions is put in place, an unlikely action imho. But I think there may be issues with certain files, like the splits file that's different in 6.1 and not compatible with 6.0.3.

But this is something Jay would have to answer.

LAM

Comment

6.0.3.1613 has the ability to detect when the Continuum network is discontinued and it will slip into an eSignal-only network mode when October 26th comes around. When in this mode, QCharts 6.0.3 will not have access to Hot Lists, Breadthalyzer stats and it will not download updated configuration files such as those that deal with corporate actions and market session times. Other than those items though, QCharts should receive data fine.

Versions prior to 6.0.3 will be unable to connect at all given their default settings and lack of a Continuum connection.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                      X