Can't get data feed, help needed ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get data feed, help needed ASAP

On Thursday my v6.0 suddenly refused to update. This is run on a machine dedicated to QCharts. Period. No automatic Windows updates, no web surfing, nothing.

The "toggling" fix didn't apply, so I was directed to upgrade to 6.1. Did it, but still had problems right away getting a feed. Re-opening QCharts satisfied that. Or, so it seemed.

Did my weekend re-boot of the machine, then couldn't get data feed again. And again. Not at all. Downloaded 6.1 again, and although no feed upon first opening it, did get a feed on the second try.

Had to run QCharts on another machine, v6.0 which worked fine as always, but then couldn't get 6.1's data feed when re-opening again on the dedicated machine.

This time seems pretty permanent, as I've tried dozens of times. Coming into Sunday night's open, would appreciate any guidance before then. Thank you.

Hey 1david1,

I experienced a RED Entitled on the status bar a few minutes ago when starting QCharts for the first time today. However, in my case the "toggling" procedure worked. Entitled went Green and I was in OK.

At Login, select Blank workspace option, and just for the heck of it click the Options button on the right in the Login dialog. In the Options dialog, click Load Defaults. Then Login. Are you seeing on the QCharts status bar at the bottom of the QCharts window all Green with the only exception being Entitled which is RED? If yes, again just for the heck of it, try the DM toggling procedure again.
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...751#post129751

Yeah, I know you've tried multiple times, but...I got's nuttin' else at this point, just this fwiw note that toggling worked for me.

LAM

Comment

Thanks, Larry. After giving up, I left the unworking program open instead of closing it. About 5 minutes later, the workspace suddenly opened and its charts populated.

Like the greatest discoveries, this was unintended. I hesitate to close it now, but I'm going to use your tip when trying to re-open it next time. I'm sure that opportunity will arise, since 6.1 has twice locked up on equity charts in the past two days.

I don't want to close this issue, and would like to know any other tips anyone might have. I'll try them next time and report back their degree of success.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you're in.

One thingy though. Please consider, as a matter of habit and rule, at Login always select Blank workspace, and make sure you're all Green on the status bar, all hooked up OK, before loading workspace. Just sayin', ya know.

LAM

Comment

Working...
        X