Splits marker is not displaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splits marker is not displaying

The below symbols are showing up only on the weekly. I just did a fresh install of 6.2.0.1896.

MBT 5:2 - May 03
    SHOO 3:2 - May 03
    Last edited by jmhuff-2; 05-16-2010, 01:43 PM.

Hey Matt,

May 3 is a Monday.
    See this post please...
    http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....950#post132950

Why the marker on a Weekly? The weekly bars start Sunday.

LAM

Comment

So, Larry, does that mean that intraday charts are going to be screwed (as they are in these two examples) if split happens on Monday too? I don't recall this issue prior to continuum decommissioning; of course, there have not been many splits over the last couple years either.

Maybe Bill or Jay could chime in here... is this bug on the bug list to be fixed soon or in some distant future big release? Just curious...

Thanks,
      Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,
        I can't chime in very much on that - much more Jay's dept - so he'll have to answer your question about scheduling, future release dates, etc.

Comment

Tom,

The data bars, both Daily and Intraday, are split OK. Not a problem. The issue is only regarding the print in the chart of the split "note".... like 2/1.

LAM
          Originally posted by tradertom
          So, Larry, does that mean that intraday charts are going to be screwed (as they are in these two examples) if split happens on Monday too? I don't recall this issue prior to continuum decommissioning; of course, there have not been many splits over the last couple years either.

Maybe Bill or Jay could chime in here... is this bug on the bug list to be fixed soon or in some distant future big release? Just curious...

Thanks,
          Tom

Comment

Hi Larry,

My intraday charts are not split OK on those two stocks. MBT gaps down from 55.31 on close of 4/30 to open on 5/3 at 22.37 for example which causes my indicators to go generally whacky.

edit: I am running 6.2.0.1896.

Thanks,
            Tom

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
            Tom,

The data bars, both Daily and Intraday, are split OK. Not a problem. The issue is only regarding the print in the chart of the split "note".... like 2/1.

LAM
            Last edited by tradertom; 05-16-2010, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Hey Tom,

Sounds like for ?? reason, your CorpActs split file isn't the current one. The screenshot shows what I'm seeing.

Here's a recent post by Bledsoe on how to get a current copy.
              http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...661#post133661

Now, as to exactly why some folks on occasion wind up without a current CorpActs...Bill and I still scratchin' our heads on that.

LAM
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey Larry,

Well, I shut down QCharts and restarted it and the file updated itself; QC is now drawing the intraday bars correctly. I never even had to run Bill's procedure; it just seemed to correct itself. Funny but when I saw the exchange last week between Bill and Karen, I thought "I haven't had that problem in a while!" Ha! Famous last words... but it is corrected now.

What was odd with my prior issue this evening was that QCharts showed the split marker on the Weekly chart but the intraday charts were gapped. If CorpActs.inf is the only location for correcting split prices on intraday charts as well as displaying a split marker, how is it that I could see the marker, but the bars were not adjusted intraday? Oh well. So many mysteries of QCharts...

Thanks for your help (as always!)
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tradertom
                  Oh well. So many mysteries of QCharts...
                  Stamp that !

LAM

Comment

Wow, this morning, SHOO and MBT are back to skewing intraday indicators. Weekly still indicating split marker but intraday charts are showing those big gaps down on the day of the split.

So, there must be a bad CorpActs.inf file out there in eSignal Server Land that keeps getting put on our computers? I just don't think this is the problem.

Funny but the filedate/time is the same as it was last night, both before and after the supposed fix... and the files both contain the MBT and SHOO split information. So, I don't think the problem is in CorpActs.inf. I think it is in QCharts and its interpretation of the splits file.

Gotta love software when it randomly works. Converse is true also...

Thanks
                    Tom

Comment

Tom,

If you still can manifest the split note on a Weekly, yet have no intraday price adjustment, please send me the CorpActs.INF. Also the CorpActs.TAB (in Sigtext folder).

Thanks,

LAM
                      [email protected]

Comment

Hey Larry, you have mail...

Outlook might not like the attached files; it complained about unsafe attachments (inf file I am sure). Perhaps extracting from the web gmail interface is a better option...

Thanks,
                        Tom

Comment

Tom,

Files received OK. An initial look at the files in Notepad indicated no issues. And a binary compare with "my" copies showed no issues.

I installed your INF, being double careful to employ the proper tricks to get your INF as "my" active INF at runtime.

And phooey, I can't reproduce what you're reporting. The intraday charts are split-adjusted OK.

So, I'm stumped at this point.

LAM

Comment

Ok, I shut down QCharts for an hour or so and then reopened it... Guess what?? No big gap at split. All looks well for now. I will keep an eye on it and let you know if this problem recurs.

Thanks, Larry for checking out the CorpActs files on your computer. I'm looking forward to seeing what MBT and SHOO look like tomorrow!

Thanks,
                            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
                              Tom,
                              Files received OK. An initial look at the files in Notepad indicated no issues. And a binary compare with "my" copies showed no issues.

I installed your INF, being double careful to employ the proper tricks to get your INF as "my" active INF at runtime.

And phooey, I can't reproduce what you're reporting. The intraday charts are split-adjusted OK.

So, I'm stumped at this point.

LAM
                              Hey Tom,

Finally was able to reproduce what you reported about getting a split-note printed in a chart, yet intraday data was not split adjusted. It's a quirky manifestation of deleting TAB files before starting QCharts.

You mentioned that you delete TABS with a script before starting QCharts in another post today, so thought I would try that and see what happened. And sure 'nuff, the sucka will use the split info from the INF to do a print of the "split note 2/1" in the chart, but alas it doesn't use the info to price-adjust intraday date. Weird stuff. And this isn't just about Monday split dates. It's so for any split. With a TAB in place when QCharts starts, things work as they should.

So, don't delete TAB files with a script before starting QCharts. Not only for this quirk, but also the other consideration I mentioned in the PM to you earlier today.

LAM

Comment

Working...
                              X