Charts for Stock Splits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charts for Stock Splits

Can you update the charts for TSCO which had a stock split on 9/2? The split label is not there and all charts smaller than daily are not split adjusted.

Thank you, Ken Camut

Hi Ken,

I'm showing the split OK, both Daily and Intraday with the "2 for 1" note in the charts.

When was the last time you did a restart of both QCharts and the Data Manager? It's possible the split appeared in the CorpActs split file since then. Remember, QCharts has to be double clutched to pick up new split files. On first start, DM will download the file. On second start QCharts will pick up the file that DM downloaded.

If no joy on restarting, here's a procedure that should work...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Procedure to force a download of CorpActs splits file and MktHours time-mapper files.
    This is for the QCharts that's your most recently installed QCharts.

The following assumes if Vista/Win7, the "compatibility" settings have been done.
    http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=4566&p=25 (Win7)
    http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=3742&p=25 (Vista)

QCharts and Data Manager must be started at least twice to pick up the most current files.

Also assumed is that one does not have a MktHours.UNF file in the QCharts Directory.

Very short procedure description. Assumes QCharts and Data Manager are not running.
    1. Delete MktHours.TAB and MktHoursESignal.TAB and CorpActs.TAB from SigText subdirectory.
    2. Start winros.exe (DM) in QCharts main directory first.
    3. Count to 10 and then Start QCharts

Longer procedure description...
    Let's assume you're running QCharts, and for whatever reason decide to force a download of a new TAB.
    1. Help>View Program Directory to open Explorer positioned at QCharts.
    (Explorer Views is Details so can see FileNames and FileTypes)
    2. Exit QCharts making sure the Data Manager (winros.exe) also shuts down, the DM icon in SystemTray disappears.
    3. Open in Explorer the SigText sub-folder and delete MktHours.TAB and MktHoursESignal.TAB and CorpActs.TAB files.
    4. Go back to the main QCharts directory (where QCharts.exe lives) and click the DM (winros.exe) to start it "first", before QCharts. Count to 10 then check in SigText to see if the correct TAB has been downloaded by DM. If the most current TAB isn't in SigText, i.e. didn't show up after starting DM winros.exe then ...
    4.1 There is an as yet unexplained weirdness whereby a back-level TAB may show up in SigText, even though a correct and current TAB is on all file servers. Just keep repeating the delete-TAB/restart DM procedure until a correct TAB shows up. If after 3 or 4 tries a current TAB has not showed up....call support.
    5. Click QCharts.exe to start it. The TAB will be copied to main folder with FileType changed to INF. You should now be good to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAM

Comment

This worked great, thanks so much for the help!! Ken

Comment

Great. Thanks for the feedback, and Thanks for the Thanks.

LAM

Comment

Mkthours missing

Larry/All,
          My charts are not picking up that Friday was a holiday and I am seeing a gap on all charts.
          I followed the procedures below and I am not getting new TAB files in the SigText directory ("Houston......we have a problem"). I am running on XP with the latest version of Qcharts 6.2.1.2142. Any suggestions?

Steve

Comment

Re: Mkthours missing

Hey Steve,

Looks like some poking around whilst on the phone is called for. Perhaps a call to Houston (er...Support) is in order.

LAM

Originally posted by sgray1340
            Larry/All,
            My charts are not picking up that Friday was a holiday and I am seeing a gap on all charts.
            I followed the procedures below and I am not getting new TAB files in the SigText directory ("Houston......we have a problem"). I am running on XP with the latest version of Qcharts 6.2.1.2142. Any suggestions?

Steve

Comment

Called Houston (er Support). Did a Webex and found that I had several version of QCharts installed (from 5.x to the latest - I never remove a version, I simply install into a new directory). Removed ALL old versions, re-installed latest, restarted QCharts twice, and everything works. Apparently, the latest E-Signal only version of Qcharts doesn't play well with previous version.

Thanks Steven from Support and Larry.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Steve.

I also install new versions into a new directory.
                I have versions going back to v4.x.
                So I'm scratchin' me head here...humm.
                Oh well, you're on the air OK now, so that's swell.
                Over and out.

Happy Holidays,

LAM

Originally posted by sgray1340
                Called Houston (er Support). Did a Webex and found that I had several version of QCharts installed (from 5.x to the latest - I never remove a version, I simply install into a new directory). Removed ALL old versions, re-installed latest, restarted QCharts twice, and everything works. Apparently, the latest E-Signal only version of Qcharts doesn't play well with previous version.

Thanks Steven from Support and Larry.

Comment

Stock splits

Hi all,

I find the discussion on stock split markers not showing up consistently quite interesting given the advice that I've seen. I just bought a brand new computer an HP Intel Core i7 running Windows 7 Ultimate, with 12.0 GB RAM.

Installed the 6.2.1 version of QCharts onto the new computer and made sure beforehand to have the Win7 compatibility settings correct. Lo and behold, the splits marker is doing exactly the same as it did on my old computer with the XP Pro.

So what gives? I see, for example, the usual inconsistency I've always seen:

HCSG shows 3 for 2 on the W but on none of the other time frames (intraday or daily)

WCN shows 3 for 2 on the W but on none of the other time frames (intraday or daily)

DECK doesn't even show the split for 2010 on any time frame

TSCO shows 2 for 1 on Daily and intraday charts but not the Weekly.

JOSB shows 3 for 2 on daily and intraday charts

ABV shows the 5 for 1 split today on Daily and intraday

AME shows 3 for 2 on Daily and intraday charts.

Just for giggles, I tried the infamous procedure of deleting the requisite TAB files and using the procedure to force it to create new ones. Voila, only thing that changed was ABV showed the spilt marker correctly. Everything else, the same.

So I ask, what is wrong now? I grow weary of all the issues that keep cropping up version after version, release after release, year after year!

At least with my new computer, thus far, I actually have charts working for the first trading hour of the day and at peak market times for the first time in more than 4 months. At least something to cheer.

I know it's too much to hope that we'll ever have options intraday charts ever again, something that actually worked great in an older version of the program.

Just another FYI.

Karen Mc
                  Karen McMahan

Comment

Re: Stock splits

Originally posted by kem21
                    ... I know it's too much to hope that we'll ever have options intraday charts ever again, something that actually worked great in an older version of the program. ...
                    Hey Jay,

Can you believe that there are other customers besides me who think intraday charting of options is still a fine idea? Do you think that intraday options charting is a requirement of your customer base? Hmmm... Lemme think... Maybe? Just a little?

Just wondering if you are reading these requests, because you certainly are not responding to ANY of them.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X