Candles on charts under D start at 9 am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candles on charts under D start at 9 am

What is up with this? It started not long ago. I am running Windows 7 with the latest version of Qcharts recently downloaded.

How do I stop this? Can I still get the original 6.2.1 version so I can revert to candles that start at 9:30 instead of 9:00?

I checked my old machine running 6.2.1 and XP and it does not have this affliction.

I tired deleting the Mkt Hrs files. That made the program boot faster, but did not change the start time on the short charts.

Also - not on all sessions and my multi-minute bars are set to the more accurate bar settings. Changing the minute bar settings does not resolve.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by WSBtrader; 06-04-2012, 03:42 PM.

By "under D" do you mean intraday charts? This issue normally happens if you don't have run and adminstrator selected and run in xp mode.

To set this, pleas right click the QCharts icon and select properties, then click on the compatibility tab and make sure there's a check in the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows Xp Service Pack 3. Also make sure there's a check in the box next to Run this program as an administrator. Click apply and ok and then start the QCharts application, once data is loaded shut down the program and start it again. Please let me know if this fixes your issue.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Yes, all charts under time period Daily.
      Last edited by WSBtrader; 06-05-2012, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Those are not the correct options that should be showing up. You are right clicking the QCharts icon on your deskop or the start menu correct?
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Yeah, was clicking the q charts icon in the actual program while running not the icon on the Windows desktop.

Fixed problem.

Thanks. Now if you had a version that ran on Mac, you would not have to do the Microsoft dance to combat their moronic settings.

Thanks again.

Comment

OK,

So, for anyone else who has this issue... When I applied the fix, I lost all my data that I have entered into my workspace since I updated my Windows in May. Any lines etc. that were put into the workspace from today back to the day I updated my system are now gone.

So, if you do this, you might want to make a note of that kind of stuff before you make the change.

This totally sucks. How is it even possible for the data to be changed in a saved workspace by simply changing the administrator status?

It would have been helpful to know this before effecting the change.

You gotta love anything associated with Windows or Microsoft. Without it unemployment would be 25%
            Last edited by WSBtrader; 06-05-2012, 09:05 AM.

Comment

The data you had is not lost. It's in the virtual store and the original workspace needs to be reopened.

This can be done the following the steps below

- Click on the start globe and select Computer
              - double click the C: drive and click on organize in the upper left
              - From here click on Folder and Search options and then the View tab
              - Make sure there's a bullet next to Show hidden files, folders, and drives and click apply and ok
              - Now stare the QCharts application and click on File in the upper left
              - You can then click on open workspace and click on the c: drive to the left
              - Double click users, your username, Appdata, Local, VirtualStore, Program Files (x86), QCharts, and finall Workspaces.
              - On this menu you should see a list of recently saved workspaces, from here open up your workspace and it should be restored

If you need assistance with this let me know and we can set up a call.
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

OK. Appears restored.

Don't know if it matters or not but this

http://kb.esignal.com/display/2/inde...64563846588135

Has you also updating the Winross file, which I did.

For future reference you will need to do this dance if you update your Windows. I installed a new version of 7 on a machine I was already running 7 on.

I did not encounter the issue when I moved from a machine running XP to a machine running 7 initially. When I installed a new version of 7 it showed up, corresponding with an install of the latest Q charts.

Both were the Home Premium versions.

Convert to Mac and avoid all of this. The only reason I have Windows at all is to run Q charts. Added at least $300 onto the cost of the computer for Parallels, Windows 7 and another 8 G of ram to run all the updates and worthlessness. There is no other use for it AFAIAC.

Thanks for the help.
                Last edited by WSBtrader; 06-05-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X