QLink not installing correctly in Office 2010 64-bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QLink not installing correctly in Office 2010 64-bit

When I tried to manually add the add-in in Excel 2010 64 bit (Win 7 64 bit) I get a message telling me that ...\RTD\ESRTDAddIn.xll is not a valid add-in". I just installed v3.1. Any ideas? Thanks.

I'm getting various problems with installing the new 75 build of rtd/qlink, but using 32-bit office (sp1) on win 7 64-bit sp1, with esignal 11 64-bit (latest version). No matter what order I install, rtd is not working (not getting prices). Depending on how I install and uninstall, I get errors such as "winros.exe missing component" and a fatal error in qlink (windows reports an app crash in qlink). dde sometimes works.

Please make the previous version available, so that there is a fallback before markets open again Sunday night. Thank you.

I'll update here if I can get it to work. (It could be the old version did not cleanly uninstall; or a problem with UAC; or a problem with 32-bit and 64-bit mixes.)

Comment

Update: I can't get RTD to work, but dde works. RTD still always shows either "#VALUE!" or a blank (nothing) for the cell value.

Comment

QLink on 64 bit

QLink doesn't currently function with Excel 64 bit. It only works with office or excel 32.

As far as getting RTD to work in a 64 bit environment with 32 bit excel, this should be able to be done. Can you install eSignal 10.6 on that system first before attempting the install on QLink RTD? Let me know if this works. You can have eSignal 10.6 installed on your system at the same time as eSignal 11.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Re: QLink on 64 bit

Thanks, I'll try that today (with 32 bit excel) after markets close and report here. However, please add as an enhancement request support for 64-bit Excel (I don't need qlink, so only RTD would be fine).

Comment

thanks, I can confirm RTD is working after installing the old version of esignal (version 10.x, 32 bit), uninstalling rtd/qlink, and then reinstalling it. (I had to exit data manager. Also, install fails to terminate qlink before installing, so one has to check for the qlink icon and manually exit qlink also.) So I am running: esignal 11 x64, esignal 10 32bit (x86), and excel 2010 32 bit.

Comment

QLink

Am I to understand that this is working for you now? I will put your previous suggestion to our developers for a future update.
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks eostrom, it is working now, after installing version 10, 32-bit esignal. Adding 64-bit excel rtd support would be very helpful. (not that I can do any trades while mf global etc. can't "find" my money!)

Comment

Working...
                X