Incorrect format for CME currencies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect format for CME currencies?

I just started using the Quotrek service on my Blackberry 7280. I've noticed that the quotes presented for certain currencies (specifically CME futures) are incorrect. For example, the 6EU4 is quoted as 1.204, instead of the correct 1.2041. Also, the 6CU4 is quoted as .735 instead of .7351. This difference is not huge, but the dollar amount of ten ticks difference can be substantial. Is there any way to correct this data as it is presented on the Blackberry?

Thanks,
    James Anderson

Janderson3,

Could you check to see what version of QuoTrek you are currently running it would help figuring this out. The most recent version is Version 1.1 Build 20040602a. If you are running an earlier version of QuoTrek, the latest build can be downloaded here. Thanks.

Comment

Duane,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the Quotrek, and I am running Version 1.1, Build 20040602a. It looks like I am running the latest version, but I am still receiving incorrectly formatted quotes for virtually all currencies, both cash and futures. Any further suggestions?

Thanks,
      James Anderson

Comment

Hi Janderson3,

I'm running the same version of QuoTrek, but I am displaying all four decimal places for 6E U4. I'll double check things with the Product Team of Monday to see if there have been any other reports of this. As soon as I get some more information, I'll reply back to this thread. If anyone else has any reports of this, please email [email protected]. Thanks.

Comment

To add to the earlier post,

Here is the info I am seeing with 6E U4,

Comment

Duane,

Thanks again for the information. I saw your screenshot, and yes, you are receiving the currency quotes correctly. I'm not quite sure how to get a Blackberry screen shot up here, but I am still receiving incorrectly formatted quotes for most currencies. Specifically, the 6E and 6C, as well as EUR A0-FX are only displayed to three decimal places, not four. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

James Anderson

Comment

Hi James,

Thanks for the post. We're still investigating as to why we are seeing these differences. Initially it looks like there may be a format issue. I am currently running Pocket PC 2002, it sounds like you are running a Blackberry system. We have seen other users running Blackberrys have the same issue. We've notified the Product Team and are waiting for QA to confirm this. This is still unconfirmed, but as soon as I have more information to share, I'll re-post to this thread. Thanks.

Comment

Duane,

Thanks for helping me with this formatting problem. I had to bug you, but have you received any response from QA about if/when a fix will be available?

Again, thanks,
                James Anderson

Comment

Hi James,

This is a limitation of the Blackberry, which our engineers are working on. Hopefully they will be able to add the additional decimal places in the next release.

Thanks,

Comment

After adding further contracts to the Quotek service on my Blackberry, I have found that other contracts than currencies have problems. For example, Soybeans and Ten Year Notes (both S and ZS, and TY and ZN) display the correct format, but the net changes are usually wrong. Today, for instance, the Quotrek stated the ten TY and ZN were down for the day, when in fact, they were positive.

I don't mean to be a pain, but it would be really nice if these problems could be addressed relatively quickly in a new version release.

Thanks,
                    James Anderson

Comment

Hi James,

I have forwarded this on to our Quotrek Product Management team for their review.

Thanks again for posting here.

Comment

Working...
                      X