Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal and GlobalServer cant run together

Hello guys,

I use few 3-party software packages with eSignal but noone gives me as much pain as Tradestation 2000i, the problem I have is that GlobalServer connect status is stuck in "intialized mode"
    If I remove esignal but keep the data manager on the computer it gets connected. If I install the software for Signal 4.1 it gets connected but then I receive problems with eSignal.
    I have changed settings in winros.ini and winsig.ini are there any other files that could affect where global server is trying to connect?
    When GlobalServer connects the preferences in esignal are as followed: TicSvr 127.0.0.1
    Dailyhost empty
    NL2host empty
    Int.TickSvr 127.0.0.1
    newshost cm*.esignal.com
    when I install new version of esignal all become cm*.esignal.com and then global server doesnt work - even when I change it back it doesnt start working.

What can I do to better understand how these two software work together and get the settings right?

Many thanks,

Baldur

Baldur
    What version of TS2k are you running?
    Alex

Comment

Alex

I am running Version: 5.00.0822

Baldur

Comment

Baldur
        Did you install TS2k before installing eSignal or after?
        Also have you tried re-installing TS2k over the existing copy or - better - as a fresh install?
        Just trying to find out what could be causing the behavior you are experiencing.
        FWIW TS2k is working fine at my end with eSignal (on various computers and through different builds of eSignal).
        Alex

Comment

Alex

I install esignal first then tradestation.
          I have not re-install tradestation, even if I re-install and that would make it work, next time I upgrade esignal it stops working.
          I use various different computers with different settings but always when I want esignal and global server work in real-time only one gets on with it. It must be something to do with the port global server is listening at.
          I think global server is stuck in the setting 127.0.0.1 but now esignal uses cm.*esignal.com but only an idea.
          What settings you have under esignal preferences?
          And lets say I unstall esignal global server connects str8 away.

Hope this will be of some use.

Baldur

Comment

Baldur
            During the installation of TS2k if you already have eSignal installed it asks you if you want to use the existing version or create a new one.
            Is it possible that you selected to create a new one? If so this could be at the root of this problem and a fresh re-install of TS2k may solve this issue.
            Here below are my settings in Preferences (they are the same on all my computers)
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X