Plugin and Windows2000 Server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin and Windows2000 Server?

I installed the plugin on the computer of my kids, for testing before installing it on mine.
    It worked perfectly.
    Then i installed it on my own PC and is doesn't work.
    The only difference between the 2 PC's is that i have Windows 2000 Server version, my kids have Windows 2000.
    Can that be the reason why it doesn't work on my PC?
    My PC is not in a network, it's a stand alone.

regards,

Spike

'TS2000i Plug-in FAQ's - READ ME TOO!

Spike, I notice you are not in the UK as I am, BUT, I had the same problem but the difference was that each PC was on a different internet feed from a different Company, British Telecom internet would allow the feed to Global server to work where as the internet feed from NTL would NOT. Each company having different port needs and blocks. This may help you or it may help others with a similar problem.
    Keith

Comment

Re: 'TS2000i Plug-in FAQ's - READ ME TOO!

Originally posted by khoulder
      Spike, I notice you are not in the UK as I am, BUT, I had the same problem but the difference was that each PC was on a different internet feed from a different Company, British Telecom internet would allow the feed to Global server to work where as the internet feed from NTL would NOT. Each company having different port needs and blocks. This may help you or it may help others with a similar problem.
      My 2 PC'S are standing side by side and are connected via a hub to the same internetprovider on the same account.
      One functions well, the other not. To me the explanation could be the server version of windows that is probably blocked by Esignal.

Comment

Spike
        All things being equal that would appear to be the likely reason.
        Out of curiosity in what way is it not working? Is it not starting at all or not downloading or other?
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Spike
          All things being equal that would appear to be the likely reason.
          Out of curiosity in what way is it not working? Is it not starting at all or not downloading or other?
          Alex
          Alexis,

everything goes well until the download has to start. It starts but stops immediatelly. Probably after a check of the operating system. I have the same problem with other software so i will replace the server version of my OS.

regards,

Spike
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X