Cannnot download historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannnot download historical data

I just subscribed Esignal Premier with real time data Emini S&P, Hong Kong Hang Seng Index Future and Hong Kong stocks.
    I installed the Esignal Plugin for TradeStation and sucessfully download historical intraday and daily data ES #F. (ref attachment image1)
    But I cannot download Hang Seng Index Future ( HSI Z4-HKF) and all Hong Kong stocks ( such as 0001-HKG, 0002-HKG...) historical data.
    I can show all real time quotes on Tradestation Radar screen and i can plot them with the data received today on a 1-min chart. But when i highlighted the stock to download, open FILE from TS GlobalServer-->DOWNLOAD FROM ESIGNAL .... I get the message "Symbols no found" on the SYMBOLS TO DOWNLOAD windows. (ref attachment 'image2')
    Anyone can show me how to solve this problem ?
    Thanks

Best Regards,
    Wallace

Wallace
    FWIW I can download HSI Z4-HKF intraday and daily without any problems. I also tried a few -HKG symbols picked at random from eSignal's symbol list and could download data for those too.
    You may want to make sure that you have HKFE and HKSE exchanges included in the lists of Used Exchanges for the appropriate Category ie Future, Stock etc (see attached example for HKFE). If not you will need to add it from the list of Available Exchanges.
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,
      Thanks for your quick response.
      The HKFE and HKSE have already existed in my GlobalServer.
      It seems that the GlobalServer( the Esignal Plugin ) cannto find out the stock that i want to download before it downloads from Esignal server.

Wallace

Comment

Wallace
        I was referring to adding those exchanges in the Plugin not in GlobalServer (see the image attached to prior message).
        To add those exchanges right click the appropriate Item to Download in the Plugin and then select Edit Item (see image attached to this message)
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alexix,
          Yes, I added them in the Plugin. ( refers to attachment
          image1.gif) I also deleted all other stock exchanges , just remained HKSE.
          But still no stock was found. ( refers image2 and image3 )
          Attached Files

Comment

Wallace
            You can only attach one file to a message so image1.gif and image2.gif did not come through. Please post them again
            Alex

Comment

Here is the image1
              Attached Files

Comment

here is image2
                Attached Files

Comment

here is image3
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wallace
                    FWIW here is what I am seeing at my end. I inserted three HKSE symbols in GlobalServer (using the defaults) specifically 001-HKG 002-HKG and 1100-HKG.
                    In the first image you can see that the Plugin is listing them in the Symbols to Download list

Then I proceeded with the download. 001-HKG and 002-HKG did not download any data while 1100-HKG did download data. See the following two images taken during the download process and showing the chart after download.

At this point you may want to post an image of how any one symbol is set up in Edit Symbol in GlobalServer. I believe the problem may be there.
                    Alex

Comment

I have manually added more than 1000 symbols under HKSE. INSERT-->INSERT SYMBOLS IN PORTFOLIO --> Select STOCK TEMPLATe--> add NEW --- ( 0001-HKG)......
                      But when i ADD FROM DICTIONARY, SEARCH for symbols under HKSe, it can't find any stock. ( attachment, image1)

Wallace
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wallace
                        I am aware that GlobalServer does not have any symbols pre-loaded.
                        What I was asking is for you to post a screenshot of the Settings window in Edit Symbol (ie the window that opens when you double click a symbol).
                        Alex

Comment

symbol screen shot

here is the screen shots showing the symbols settings
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wallace
                            In the Symbol Root field try using the same symbol as in the Trading Name field for example instead of H1 insert 0001-HKG and see if that allows the Plugin to recognize the symbol
                            Alex

Comment

yes, i have tried several symbols, but still can't find symbols to download.
                              Wallace

Comment

Working...
                              X