esignal pluging questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esignal pluging questions

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but here goes.
    I downloaded the old version plug in and it works great. In config. the download of the plug in, a symbol list pops up. Where is this symbol list from? There are symbols that i require that are not there...ie. specifically YM and NQ. How do I locate this symbols or edit the symbol list to include them? And second Are these symbols Index or Future symbols and is there tick data available for them as well as ES?

thank you,

WPB

WPB
    Perhaps the best thing to do before I answer specific questions is for you to go through the Setup Guide for ActiveX plugin for TS2000i.mht which is available here. The document is in HTML archive format and should provide you most of the information needed to run the Plugin.
    Alex

Comment

WPB

And second Are these symbols Index or Future symbols and is there tick data available for them as well as ES?

That depends on how you have set them up in GlobalServer. If you need to set up ES as an Index rather than a Future then you may also want to review the Setting up ES as Stock or Index.mht document which is available here
      Alex

Comment

Symbols

Hi Alex,

thanks for answering so quickly. I have gone thru the set up quide and as I said those symbols are not there to download data from. I do have the symbols in the Globalserver. and I do get downloads for other symbols that i enter into the plug in such as $INDU and $COMPQ. And ES is there but i am not getting the tick data thru just the other time frames such as 1min and 5 min

Comment

Index or Future

What is the difference of listing the ES as a Index, Future, or Stock? Are there certain advantages of one or the other? I do not mean to sound ignorant or questioning your expertise in anyway for you seem very knowledgable and I can see you have done a tremendous amount of work on this site. I for one greatly appreciate the help. I am very greatful and someday maybe i could explain to you why.

thank you,

WPB

Comment

Index,Stock, or Future

Good Evening Alex,

Why is it that you have ES listed as Both and Index and a Stock?

thanks,

WPB

Comment

WPB

What is the difference of listing the ES as a Index, Future, or Stock? Are there certain advantages of one or the other?

Setting up ES (or for that matter any electronically traded future contract) as an Index or a Stock rather than a Future is a workaround to the issue outlined in the TS2k - High CPU usage with mini futures.mht document which is available here.
              The solution proposed in the document by Omega can also be used but is not as effective or efficient IMHO and may create other problems.
              To answer your question there is a noticeable performance advantage in setting up these contracts as Index or Stock.
              Alex

Comment

WPB

Why is it that you have ES listed as Both and Index and a Stock?

Not sure I quite understand what you are referring to. Would you mind expanding on the question?
                Alex

Comment

WPB

I have gone thru the set up quide and as I said those symbols are not there to download data from. I do have the symbols in the Globalserver. and I do get downloads for other symbols that i enter into the plug in such as $INDU and $COMPQ. And ES is there but i am not getting the tick data thru just the other time frames such as 1min and 5 min

If I understand you correctly the symbol ES M4 (for example) is listed in the Portfolio of GlobalServer but is not showing up in the Symbols to Download window of the Plugin.
                  How is ES set up in GlobalServer? Is it listed as a Future?
                  If yes then do you have Future listed as a Category in the Items to Download of the Plugin?
                  Perhaps if you could post an image of the Plugin window that may help clear up the issue.
                  Alex

Comment

Plug in symbols for download

Good Morning Alex,

#1 thanks for the heads up on the TS doc. 685. Have you seen changes in data collection and general 2ki performace by making these changes?

#2 I noticed in the symbols guide setting up ES as Stock or Index that You have ES in the GlobalServer Portfolio as ES #F and then you go ahead and list it in the Stock portfolio. Is there an advantage to listing it BOTH ways?

#3"If I understand you correctly the symbol ES M4 is listed in the Portfolio in GlobalServer but is not showing up in the Symbols to Download window of the Plugin.
                    How is ES set up in GlobalServer? Is it listed as a future?
                    If yes then do you have Futures as a Category to Download in the Plugin?
                    Perhaps if you could post an image of the Plugin window that may help clear up the issue. Alex"

This is correct Alex, It is actually not the ES symbol, I do have ES listed as a Future and it shows up in the plug in downloader....YM,NQ,YC,YH,and HE are also listed in the GlobalServer Futures Portfolio but do not show up as a symbol to download in the download window of the plugin...hence they can not be selected for download of data.
                    what might be the proper procedure to correct the lack of these symbols in the download plugin window?

There are 6875 symbols listed in the "symbols to download " window of the plugin but not the symbols above that I listed.

thank you,

Ted

Comment

Ted

#1 If you are referring to the solution proposed in that document then my experience is that while it does fix that specific issue it also creates a completely different set of problems. The better solution remains IMHO that of setting up all electronically traded Futures as Indexes (or Stocks)

#2 In my GlobalServer Portfolio I have all the electronic Futures set as Indexes. For the purpose of that document I elected to use Stocks only as an example (I believe I mention that somewhere in the document itself). As far as I have seen there is no performance difference in setting them up as either Index or Stock, just a matter of personal preference.

#3 Under what Exchanges did you set up the symbols you mention (ie YM,NQ,YC,YH,and HE)?
                      Once you have determined that then right click on Future in the Items to Download section of the Plugin and select Edit. Then in the dialog box that will appear make sure those Exchanges are included in the list of Used Exchanges. If not you will need to add them from the list of Available Exchanges.

Alex

Comment

Symbols

Alex,
                        Does a symbol have to be deleated in say the futures listing to be added in the index portfolio?

I tried adding ES, NQ, and YM to the indices portfolio and i received an error message that they were present....but they are not they are listed in futures.thanks,

Ted

Comment

Ted
                          You cannot have two identical symbols in GlobalServer even if they are set up in different Categories.
                          If you want to have both my suggestion is to use ES #F, NQ #F, etc as the symbol for the Index Category.
                          As an aside it makes your life a lot easier as you don't have to rollover the contracts or add the new ones.
                          Alex

Comment

Symbol list

Alex,

Would have written sooner but had computer melt down. I wanted to thank you for all your patience and help. Most everything is working quite well now. Have some minor glitches with some of the signals but now i have more ability to try and fiqure things out. I also have some questions on other aspects but i am going to try to find the right thread to address them.

again thank you,

Ted

Comment

Working...
                            X