GS status bar / processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS status bar / processing

The plug-in is a big help and I will continue using it, however a couple of things I have noticed follows.

Installing the plug-in removes the Global Server status bar. Clicking View | Status Bar does not bring it back.
    The Status Bar displays "Nightly Maintenance" when it is running, OnLine / OffLine status, and I think there
    may have been a clock there also. A missing Status Bar is more of a minor inconvenience than anything else.

The next item involves the download process.
    Once the "Download complete" message appears, there is sometimes only a partial number processed. This occurs often when downloading lots of tick data, for instance downloading 60 days of several high volume symbols at one time like ES #F. The process should be complete when the Status column indicates "Download complete" and the "Processed" number
    equals the "Received" number. However, after waiting 15+ minutes without the Processed value changing, a person might begin to think that GS is locked up. Closing down GS at that point means lost data and a possible GS crash. A meter that would incrementally show the progress of the "Processed" column might be helpful, similar to the "Download complete" one. It would have to show nearly every data point being processed to be helpful, as slow as things get sometimes.

A bigger yet related problem is that the Status column indicates "Download complete" and the "Processed" and "Received" numbers match, yet the CPU is still pegged at 100%. A look on the Performance page
    shows that GS is still processing the data, regardless of what the plug-in indicates. This occurred on a weekend therefore no realtime data was being collected, making it easy to see what was happening. Had it been during market hours it would have been difficult to see what was going on due to all
    the incoming realtime quotes being processed. These problems occured with TS shut down; only GS running.

Any other users experience this?

I'm running GS on a 1.5G machine, 512mb and Win2000. I reinstalled the plug-in thinking a corrupt file
    might be the cause, but it didn't make a difference to either of the problems.

Now that I know what to expect I can deal with it, and as I said at the beginning, I will continue using it.

Regards,
    bm
    Last edited by boardman; 09-02-2003, 10:52 AM.
Working...
X