Symbol Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol Settings

Alexis, I'm currently recieveing 24 hr data on ES Z3. There is no symbol like ES Z3 = 1 for Globex data in my Global Server. Based on what I read, I thought there should be. If so, why am I seeing my Global Server symbol ES Z3 updating during after hours?

Next question. I edited the session times for ES Z3 in Global Server. The program says that I've entered invalid session times (see attachment). However, the data I've got from the CME squares with the session times I've entered. At least I can't see where I did it wrong. Can you help me here also? Regards, Randy.
    Attached Files

Randy

There is no symbol like ES Z3 = 1 for Globex data in my Global Server. Based on what I read, I thought there should be

GlobalServer does not have symbols like ES Z3=1 or ES Z3=2 built in. You need to create those specifically and then adjust the Session times setting to reflect what session they track.

If so, why am I seeing my Global Server symbol ES Z3 updating during after hours?

That is because you have set the Session times to include Globex hours.

As to your next question your Session settings are incorrect because
    a) you have a 10 min Settlement at 8:29 on Thursday with the next session beginning on the same day at 8:30 and
    b) you have a Reset at the end of every session whereas the Reset should only be once a day at the end of the real Globex session.
    On this issue remember that in reality the minis trade as one single Globex session which begins at 15:45 CT (Sundays at 17:30 CT) and ends at 15:15 CT of the following day.

Anyhow, for sample images of how the Session settings should be (at least up to the 29th of September when they will change) click here and download Setting up ES as Stock or Index.mht. In it are contained screenshots for the settings of both the all session symbol and the =2 symbol.

Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 09-16-2003, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X