Forex SChedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forex SChedules

My hat goes off to Alexis Montenegro for the help given. Thank-you very much.

To everyone skeptical as to whether FOREX can work in real-time in TS2000i the answer is YES it does.
    The key for me was to either choose bid record or ask record in the Settings tab under Format symbol.
    The same goes for trying to download tick data with the e-Signal active-x plug-in. Under history to save add 3 for bid record(tick,1-min,1-day) and the same 3 for ask record.

My question now is why can I not get it to work in real-time with trade record chosen?

Are the session times the same for all the symbols like the times for the JPY A0-FX or do they differ for each cross?

Please and Thank-you
    Alan

Alan
    My pleasure and thank you for the tipping of the hat.
    With regards to the trade record question I think that is simply due to the fact that eSignal transmits only Bid/Ask on Forex.
    As to the session times I believe they are common across all Forex products.
    Alex

Comment

Forex on TS2000i

Been following the discussion and am also have set up Forex with the same problems.

eg EUR A0-FX Buy Long 1.1675 Sell 1.1684
      9 points with 1 Lot the sum is simple

0.0001 X 100000/1.1684 = 8.55
      8.55 x 9 points = 77.03 Euros

Using CFOREX default settings in GS
      Price Scale 1/10000
      Point Value 10.000
      Daily Limit 0
      Min Movement 1.0

I get no sense results however if I change the
      Point Value too 100000 which is the size of 1 Lot I get 90 that is 9 points x 10 this is something in the right direction but not correct. Iv used this on all cross and majors symbols but still not correct.

If I now place 85500 in the Point Value the answer is only correct for that trade. The exchange or some official body must set these Forex Point Values.

Also I get no data for USD or USDJPY etc ?

Thanks in advance for your help appreciated

Brian
      Last edited by korrison; 11-05-2003, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Brian

I am not a Forex trader so unfortunately I cannot be of help with the Point Value issue.
        However I ran some searches and amongst other things came up with this page which may explain the discrepancies you are experiencing.

As to the Forex symbols available in eSignal you can find the complete listing by clicking here

Alex

Comment

Thanks I'l investigate

An eSignal query Very puzzled no data USD or USDJPY etc and not shown on symbol list ?

Brian

Comment

Working...
          X