X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActivexX Plugin

Hi Alexis,

Could you please help me with the following:

1) For reliable downloading, how many symbols should I download at one time?

2) How much history can be downloaded?

Thanks in advance

Sajal

ps, Also what is the latest build of the plugin and where can I find step by step help documentation on how to use it?
    Sajal

Sajal

1) I would not know the answer to this as I only have approximately 50 symbols in GlobalServer. Someone else may be able to provide you better information on this

2) Available data is as follows
    Intraday - 60 Days
    Daily - approximately 10 years (depending on the markets)

Latest (and only) version as of now and a brief guide to using the ActiveX Plugin are available by clicking here

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,
      Thanks a lot. So if you have downloaded 50 symbols at a time, would you say it has worked fine for you without any problems?
      Sajal

Comment

Sajal
        In over a year of using this product in its various iterations (first as Uniserver and now as ActiveX Plugin) I personally have not had any problems downloading the symbols I use.
        Alex

Comment

So why did I get the wrong impression that intra-day data goes back at least 6 months ?
          Maybe e-signal should launch this service in the near future ?
          I think I got the above information from one of esignal representatives.

Comment

We'll introduce 120 days ( roughly 6 months ) of intraday history on most issues when we officially release 7.5 ( first week of December ). Here's an FAQ with addt'l information.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Alex,
              Thanks very much for all your help on this.
              Sajal

Comment

But where does the data go ? I have downloaded with no problem, at least so says the msg. But I can't get the data on the chart. Where should I call it from? Changing the data on Format Symbol doesn't help, nor does Load Data in the GS.

Comment

thegov
                  Once the data is downloaded and processed it goes into GlobalServer.
                  You should be able to verify if it is in GlobalServer by double clicking a symbol in Portfolio, selecting Edit Data tab then Field/Resolution and pressing the Load Data button.
                  If it is there then the problem of this data not charting is either because of wrong settings for the symbol or some other issue in between TS2k and GlobalServer.
                  If you have a specific symbol you would like to use as an example let me know and I will try to help
                  Alex

Comment

Thank you Alexis,
                    my mistake was that I was downloading 5 min bars but in the History to Save tab of the GS I had not added that field. It works now.

Comment

Working...
                    X