Need help switching datafeed to TS2000i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help switching datafeed to TS2000i

Just signed up for ESignal, have DTN sat. feeding global server now. (I use TS2000i service pack 5)

Can I just export all my symbols & data as xpo files then reimport as necessary after switch.

I heard about Esignal historical data plug in -- never used it --- but I heard it only has 120 days of tick data or something abouts.

I know how to restart global server and run the wizard to select DBC as the datafeed, but should I go into server directory and delete symswap.dat file as well before I switch over since new signal feed will "rebuild" the symswap.dat file to Esignal specs ?

Any other suggestions to make it go smoother ?

Sochis

Sochis
    Yes you can although you would do that primarily to back up your data.
    After you have exported the data run the Setup Wizard and that should convert all the existing data to the necessary format.

With the eSignal ActiveX Plugin you can access (at this time) 60 days of intraday data. In the near future the available data should be incremented to 120 days.

I am not positive but I do not believe that you need to delete the symswap file. The Setup Wizard "should" take care of the conversion.

One thing I would also do is to make a copy of the whole pds directory (under Server) and store it in a safe place. That should allow you to restore your existing condition should something go wrong.
    Alex

Comment

TS2000i data feed conversion

Thank you Alexis.

Comment

Working...
      X