No announcement yet.

Real-Time Forex Data into TS2k via GlobalServer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexis, everything seems to be working fantastic! Thank you so much! For you tireless effort and contribution. Would it be possible if I could distribute your instructions on trade2win, as I am sure that many traders have the same problem as me.

If you want I will send you two bottles of French Wine

Comment

Ilia
      Glad to hear you now have everything working.
      Feel free to use any information you think may be of interest or useful.
      Alex

Comment

Alexis the guide is posted on this url:

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/sh...501#post100501

I would glady improve it.

Thank you very much,

Ilia

Comment

That doc looks great. Once you think you're done with the edits, we can add it to the File Share area with the plug-in and reference it in the sticky post about getting started. That way, all new users should see it w/o having to search for it.

Thanks.

Comment

Ask Tick data spaces and other issues

Alexis,
            Firstly thankyou for your invaluable help and of course Ilia for putting the doc together.

The flickering is gone, it was actually due to the data download from esignal continuing while the charts were open. Seemd to cause some flicker but not there otherwise.

I now have just have the following issues that I have been unable to solve.

1. For some reason I have a gap in the Ask Tick data for EUR A0-FX from 01:01 on 10th May to 00:01 on 11th. This data is present in the trade data for all timeframes. I have tried downloading the data again but it does not fill the gap for some reason. Is it worth deleting the data file or symbol completely and downloading it from scratch? I assume these are the files located in omega research\my work but seems no way to identify what is what in there. Will removal of symbol delete data file?

2. I notice in your Edit Symbol>Settings you had a value of 10 for point value. I was looking at backtest results on systems and with 10 the incrment per tick in $ terms is tiny as it corresponds to $0.001. When i changed this value to 10000 I had a result that equated to about $10/tick. Assume this could be set to any leverage value.

3. Do you leave Global Server running 24hrs per day? I assume there is no data collected unless it is either left on or a manual backfill is done via download from esignal.

4. What type of maintenance do you carry out on your backdata to ensure it does not become too fragmented over time?

Thnaks in advance
            Tony

Comment

Tony

1. I would probably make a backup first and then try a download that straddles the missing day.
              As far as I know the data files are located in the pds folder under Omega Research/server.
              Deleting the symbol will delete all the associated data.

2. You may want to see this thread with regards to this issue.

3. No I do not. That is correct no data is collected unless the GlobalServer is in Online Mode or it is being downloaded with the Plugin

4. I usually run the steps outlined in the Reducing data file size document every month or at the very least at the end of every quarter when the equity futures roll over. FWIW I have always at least 4 complete backup sets of data.

Hope this helps
              Alex

Comment

Dear all,

I have a few corrections of the guide that some members pointed out, I will definitely submit it when it is finished.

Thank you very much,

Ilia

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have looked through the guide, and I dont think if I have any more ideas on how to improve it except take out the contents, and change
                  2. I notice in your Edit Symbol>Settings you had a value of 10 for point value. I was looking at backtest results on systems and with 10 the incrment per tick in $ terms is tiny as it corresponds to $0.001. When i changed this value to 10000 I had a result that equated to about $10/tick. Assume this could be set to any leverage value.
                  also I am not so sure about this and will leave it to, if anyone whants to download it and change it and upload it I would greatly appreciate it, as I can not think of anything else, besides its not copyright its a guide put together mainly from a lot of help from other members. Scott I am not sure if you want to change some things yourself and upload it.

Cheers Ilia

Comment

Continuos Futures Contracts

Is it possible to import data for continuos contracts into GlobalServer.
                    for example DJ #F which one can pull up on esignal. Seems when i try to define it there is only a DJ option for individual contract months

Comment

Tony
                      Yes it is possible.
                      First set up the symbol as a specific contract. Then Edit the symbol in Portfolio and change it to that of the continuous contract. Also change the Expiration and set it to Pattern 81 (ie no expiration). All the expiration dates should now show MaxDate.
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X