reinstalling ts2000i with esignal and global server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reinstalling ts2000i with esignal and global server

i am going to reinstall ts2000i because the global server has stopped working. my question is :
    do i have to uninstall Ts first?
    can i save the old data i have and chart and indicators?
    If i install on top of existing TS2000i will that retain my data and indicators and charts?
    any thing special to note about Esignal or data manger during this reinstall process?

Thanks
    tom
    Tom

Tom
    Before reinstalling TS2k you may want to see if you can restore GlobalServer's database.
    To do this first close TS2k and GlobalServer then make a copy of the whole pds folder (in the Omega Research\Server directory).and store it in a safe place. As an added precaution make a copy also of all the contents of the pds folder and store these in a safe place. Should you need it these will allow you to go back to where you started.
    Then in the pds folder delete all the files with an idx extension. At this point launch GlobalServer and let it reindex the data. This process can take up a considerable amount of time depending on how much data you have (account for approximately 2-5 minutes per 100 megabytes of data). You can monitor this process with the Task Manager by checking for increasing values in the I/O Read Bytes and I/O Write Bytes.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Tom

do i have to uninstall Ts first?

That depends on whether you want to do a clean install in which case you will also need to delete some keys in the Registry. Before you do that however you may want to try reinstalling over the existing setup. Most of the time that fixes the issue.

can i save the old data i have and chart and indicators?

Yes you can. Export the data and indicators

If i install on top of existing TS2000i will that retain my data and indicators and charts?

Your data should be retained never the less I would still suggest that you have backup copies of it. Indicators that come standard with TS2k will be overwritten (if I remember correctly) so if you have modified any you may want to export those too.
      Alex

Comment

Working...
      X