Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB-message:buy MSFT Invalid or missing IBCustAcctNO

Hi,
    I use the esignal order-plugin for IB to create orders.
    No problem, if i use it with normal individual "U" account. If i use it with the Friends&familiy "F"-accounts, i have got the message "buy MSFT Invalid or missing IBCustAcctNO".
    Is this the problem of the esignal-plugin or IB?
    I have asked IB the same question.
    Regards
    Holger

IB Account Types

Hi Bügeleisen,

You're referring to the pre-release version, right? I'll have it checked.

Thanks,

Brent
    Integrated Trading Product Management

Comment

No, it`s the current released version, i think. Where can i see, which plugin version is installed?

Comment

Hi Bügeleisen,

I'll check with engineering about your question. In the meantime, you can determine which version your using in one of two ways:
        1. If you're using the current IB trading interface, your order ticket looks like this: http://pmd.esignal.com/trading/broke...r_ticket_1.jpg
        2. We have a re-engineered version (1.2.472.1288) that can be identified by starting from eSignal's main menu, and clicking:
        "Trade -> Interactive Brokers -> About"
        This version has been in pre-release for about a month, and if you'd be interested in participating in the pre-release, we'd very much like to provide you with the necessary files and setup instructions, and receive feedback from you.
        If you're interested, please send an email to "[email protected]"

Thanks,

Brent
        Trading Integration Product Management
        Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 04-19-2006, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Simular Message

Hi,
          after installation of the latest TWS release and your current esignal plugin, i get a new message: "Order rejectetd - reason: invalid or missing IBCustAcctNo".
          No Problem with U, only with the "F" accounts of IB.

Comment

Remember: I use the order ticket with the buttons , created with the "Order Ticket Designer".

Comment

IB "F" Accounts

Hi Bügeleisen,

the issue appears to be with the type* of account (U vs F). I'm checking with development to determine whether IB's API supports F accounts.
              I'll post an update when it's confirmed.

Many thanks,

Brent
              Integrated Trading Product Management

*http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...?ib_entity=llc

Comment

Another problem

Hi,
                the esignal-plugin has created at the TWS an quote sheet with open orders call "API". After the new release of TWS(or perhaps the new relelease of the plugin?) all open orders occur on this page. Before, the "API" shows only the open orders, which are created with the esignal plugin, not with the TWS.

Comment

Reply from Jerry Medved from Quotetracker

I have found this in the IB-Board (problem with the "F"-accounts"

Jerry Medved - QuoteTracker Rep
                  Username: jerry_medved

Post Number: 901
                  Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 12:39 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  the problem is that for many trading and balance request functions, you can send blank for the account number if the account logged in to TWS is a regular individual account. However, if the account is a Friends & Family account, then the account number is required. Seems that eSignal does not support F&A accounts. We have the same issue.

If you login to TWS with the actual account you want to trade instead of the umbrella login covering multiple accounts, it should work.

Comment

What about the "F-Account"-problem?

Regards

Comment

TWS FA accounts

Hi Bügeleisen,

Many thanks. We haven't yet implemented support for FA accounts to our integration with IB, plan to do so, but it hasn't been scheduled yet.
                      We haven't received as many requests for that as we have requests to add other brokers, or implement other functionality (ie, What we're calling "VisionTrades" which allows users to simultaneously enter multiple orders, such as an opening order with a trailing stop, or a stop below and limit above, etc.).
                      That being said, it has been requested, and we do expect to add it in the future.

Thank you again,

Brent
                      VisionTrader Product Management
                      [email protected]
                      http://www.esignal.com/visiontrader

Comment

Working...
                      X