A few bugs in QuoteTrader IB Plugin build 1060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few bugs in QuoteTrader IB Plugin build 1060

I just found a few bugs in IB plugin in QuoteTrader Build 1060.

1. closePosition(symbol) does not work correctly. I was able to send orders and buy/sell a few contracts of NG F8. However when I tried to flat my position, I called closePosition("NG F8") and got error 203 message. I might be caused the bug I found below. closePosition(symbol) sends orders via the default route and I could not edit the default routes, which results in the orders were rejected by IB (but why didn't the message look like "..., The security "NG F8" is not available ...").

2. The route field can not be changed in "edit order defaults" window. The only choice for individual futures intrument is "NGLX".

3. When the order confirmation option is checked, the ask, bid, and last prices are not shown correctly. For example, for NG F8, they are all shown as 7.00. I think it is because the price scale is not set correctly. Please explain this issue a little bit.

4. When the order confirmation option is checked and after clicking the "Summit" button in order comfirmation window, the window is closed but the viewable area of the chart on which I clicked the button is also changed and the chart moves with my mouse unless I click somewhere else. This bug was fixed in some earilier build but it emerge again. (I am using eSignal build 10.0.107.1305).
    Attached Files

Thanks for your post.

1. You're correct, the problem is in an unavailability to set the default exchage. The message you've reported is sent by IB's servers, which means we can't control what's displayed.

2. Confirmation. The Order Defaults dialog requires some improvements to correctly display the supported exchanges for any given symbol.

3. Correct again. Prices are rounded to match the pre-set pricescale & min. movement, which together define the minimum increment of a price. IB's API causes an issue when converting the 'minimum increment' value retrieved from the server to separate values of min. movement and price scale required by the interface's (plugin) internal architecture.

4. We will try to reproduce that.
    Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 12-12-2007, 01:19 PM.

Comment

2 and 3 - will be fixed in december release.

Comment

We've failed to reproduce 4. Is it possible to set up remote connection to your PC? Let me know when and at what time (EST) would be most convenient to you.

Comment

Amol,

I will try to reproduce it next week. IB TWS does not work during weekend. I disabled the order comfirmation option, therefore it does not affect my trading.

Have you been able to reproduce the slow response and freezing issue I reported, which is a far more critical issue then the issue 4 in this thread.

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by amol
          We've failed to reproduce 4. Is it possible to set up remote connection to your PC? Let me know when and at what time (EST) would be most convenient to you.

Comment

OK. We haven't been able to reproduce slow response by the same reason as you - TWS doesn't work on weekends Will try to do it on Monday.

Comment

Amol,

I just tested again and was able to reproduce 4 every time.

I am using eSignal 10.0.1071.1305 and QT build 1060.

You need to use my script and the orders have to be sent within the function onLButtonDown(). If you use your gbroker_tester or my script using those predefined buttons such as "BA", "BM", you will not reproduce the problem.

It seems it is "Comfirm EFS Orders" causing the problem while "Confim orders before submitting" is of no use. There is no noticable difference whether keeping "Confim orders before submitting" checked or not.

- Clearpicks

Comment

Thank you very much, we've finally reproduced the problem. Will let you know when it will be adressed.

"Confim orders before submitting" used to place orders with double-click on last/bid/ask field from Quote Window.

Comment

Working...
                X